COVID-19 has changed everything, for all of us. Which points out that we're all in this together. And helping each other will be the best way through it. Back in the spring, we acknowledged that we couldn't make ventilators or masks, but we could offer FREE resources to educators, including our bestselling book (although written as the basis of a sitcom, the Texas State Board of Education approved it as a textbook) and a series of short animated videos on soft skills. Find out more, including how to access everything, in our May column, Red & Black … FREE And Animated.

red head assets.rebelmouse.io

Well, it’s our first column of the year. A new beginning. Any “new” ideas for topics? Something other than New Year’s resolutions.

Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Is there a reason you do not want to talk about resolutions?

assets.rebelmouse.io

Obviously, yours was not to ask fewer questions.

Black (use0 assets.rebelmouse.io

That will never happen, but you are avoiding the question. Why?

Red assets.rebelmouse.io

Because every year, I have a long list of things I want to do, and I start strong, but within a few months, I fall back into old habits. Sometimes it only takes weeks. It’s frustrating and disappointing.

Black (use) assets.rebelmouse.io

Next question. What is the opposite of “old?"
Keep Reading ... Show less

December’s so festive and full of magic, but it’s also about appreciating family and friends and those lives we’ve been lucky enough to be a part of and, hopefully, touched in a positive way. Which is something we often pay lip service to, because as much as we truly believe it, life has a way of going by in a blur, and before you know it, another year comes to an end.

This seemingly obvious observation became more than just words a few short, or so it seems, weeks ago when Black and I lost our mom. She had lived a full 94 years, but when the time came, it came quicker than expected, which was a blessing for her but difficult for those she left behind. And while Black and I each had a very different relationship with our mom, it has been a challenging time in many ways.

Luckily, the business side of Red & Black could be put “on hold” and Black posted (on our behalf),

Keep Reading ... Show less

As we welcome 2022 … we wish a happy and healthy New Year to you!