Looking back over the month of March, I'm having a hard time picking my favorite Banter Bites.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

You were a straight-A student, maybe you should just grade them.

I love holidays and not just the major ones. That's probably because once I had children, we tended to celebrate and commemorate almost all of them, even if it was just fun greeting cards or some house decorations (ok, sometimes I went overboard). So, although my girls are no longer little, I still found enjoyment as Black and I honored March holidays.

  • March 15: Any Idea What The Ides Of March Is? – Most people probably don't give it a passing thought, so who would have thought George Clooney and Julius Caesar have something in common?
  • March 17: You Don't Have To Be Irish – Ever since I can remember, people have thought that my red hair meant I was Irish. But even though I'm not, that doesn't stop me from loving St. Patrick's Day, probably because it's always been a great excuse to cook one of my favorite meals.
  • March 20: Spring Has Sprung. Spring Has Science? – A day when science (it's the Spring Equinox, after all) provides the perfect opportunity to have a fresh restart. And although Black tried to rain on my parade, it didn't work (this time).

Curious about Black's favorites this month?

It's hard not to have an opinion about this year's Olympics, but can we all agree that the athletes represent strength, perseverance, and hope?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: The Olympics is the world's largest sporting event, and although it seems that history occurs both on and off the "field", it's safe to say that the Olympics means very different things to different people (especially us).

Keep Reading ... Show less

The "space race" used to be about countries competing … now, it's billionaires.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up in the 1960s when space exploration was in its infancy and space travel was left to the imagination of television show and movie writers; but since one of us was a theater major and the other studied business, it's not surprising we had very different reactions to the recent flights.

Keep Reading ... Show less

Coffee MAY reduce the risk of getting COVID-19, but masks, social distancing, and taking the vaccine WILL!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Both of us are habitual coffee drinkers, so were curious about the potential benefits of our favorite beverage to lower the risk of contracting COVID-19, although our initial reactions to the study were (of course) very different.

Keep Reading ... Show less