Looking back over the month of March, I'm having a hard time picking my favorite Banter Bites.

Black's HeadBlack assets.rebelmouse.io

You were a straight-A student, maybe you should just grade them.

I love holidays and not just the major ones. That's probably because once I had children, we tended to celebrate and commemorate almost all of them, even if it was just fun greeting cards or some house decorations (ok, sometimes I went overboard). So, although my girls are no longer little, I still found enjoyment as Black and I honored March holidays.

  • March 15: Any Idea What The Ides Of March Is? – Most people probably don't give it a passing thought, so who would have thought George Clooney and Julius Caesar have something in common?
  • March 17: You Don't Have To Be Irish – Ever since I can remember, people have thought that my red hair meant I was Irish. But even though I'm not, that doesn't stop me from loving St. Patrick's Day, probably because it's always been a great excuse to cook one of my favorite meals.
  • March 20: Spring Has Sprung. Spring Has Science? – A day when science (it's the Spring Equinox, after all) provides the perfect opportunity to have a fresh restart. And although Black tried to rain on my parade, it didn't work (this time).

Curious about Black's favorites this month?

In a promise to “never forget” we’re rerunning our 2021 post so that we always remember …

September 11 is a date on the calendar, but "9/11" is a date in history.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Much like JFK's assassination was to an older generation (although Black's old enough to be included), we both remember exactly what we were doing when we first heard the news of the attacks on the Twin Towers, Pentagon, and Flight 93; but, interestingly, how we reflect on 9/11 is a bit of a role reversal.

Keep Reading ...Show less