Looking back over the month of March, I'm having a hard time picking my favorite Banter Bites.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

You were a straight-A student, maybe you should just grade them.

I love holidays and not just the major ones. That's probably because once I had children, we tended to celebrate and commemorate almost all of them, even if it was just fun greeting cards or some house decorations (ok, sometimes I went overboard). So, although my girls are no longer little, I still found enjoyment as Black and I honored March holidays.

  • March 15: Any Idea What The Ides Of March Is? – Most people probably don't give it a passing thought, so who would have thought George Clooney and Julius Caesar have something in common?
  • March 17: You Don't Have To Be Irish – Ever since I can remember, people have thought that my red hair meant I was Irish. But even though I'm not, that doesn't stop me from loving St. Patrick's Day, probably because it's always been a great excuse to cook one of my favorite meals.
  • March 20: Spring Has Sprung. Spring Has Science? – A day when science (it's the Spring Equinox, after all) provides the perfect opportunity to have a fresh restart. And although Black tried to rain on my parade, it didn't work (this time).

Curious about Black's favorites this month?

As voters, should we care whether people on the ballot are mentally capable of holding the job?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: It's probably safe to say that most of us, including Red, think of old age and its implications in a very personal way, either in terms of ourselves or loved ones. But not Black, who often says, "Aging beats the alternative," and looked at retirement from a business perspective, but now sees how it impacts all of us in terms of elected officials.

Keep Reading ... Show less

How do you look back at the "good 'ole days" if they happened before you were even born?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We read the same Axios story about "TikTok's nostalgia economy," and although the focus was "media trends" due to younger people using social media to both make fun of older people and also to flashback nostalgically, of course, we focused on very different aspects of the story.

Keep Reading ... Show less

Want good customer service? Good behavior is a good start.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up hearing the expression "the customer is always right," and Red certainly agreed with it; and while Black understood the customer service aspect of it, she did question its impact on employees (why would you "automatically" side with a customer over an employee without knowing the details). And that was before the pandemic changed everything, but especially customer behavior.

Until recently, Red didn't think much about why the customer was "always right," but it reminded her of years ago when Black shared her amusing (or, at least, to Red) version of the Golden Rule, "He who has the gold, rules. "So, wouldn't that also apply to customers? Wouldn't a happy customer be a loyal customer?

Keep Reading ... Show less