The start of spring is more than a date on a calendar … it's like the start of a new year, except with Mother Nature joining the celebration.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Yes, today's the Spring Equinox and official beginning of spring – but how could we look at the start of longer days, warmer temperatures, trees budding, flowers blooming, and birds chirping so differently?!

"All of the above" is why Red likes having a specific date to mark the start of the season … and the feeling of starting fresh and new. And even when Black sent her an article about how spring cleaning became a tradition, that didn't change her good mood. Red, like most of us, isn't usually a fan of cleaning and can certainly think of better things to do with her time, but there's something about "spring cleaning" that's different. Maybe it's just a different mindset, but armed with just the right kind of cleaning tips and checklist (pretty pictures help, too), Red's definitely inspired.

Black, of course, has a very different perspective that doesn't include cleaning (although she can explain how vacuuming can be "therapeutic"). She finds the Spring Equinox to be, if not inspirational, at least scientifically satisfying,

What can I say? I like the preciseness of the Spring Equinox (equinox means "equal night") in that day and night are equal across the entire planet. Plus, there has been a great deal of research on how spring improves our mood and energy levels.

It's hard not to have an opinion about this year's Olympics, but can we all agree that the athletes represent strength, perseverance, and hope?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: The Olympics is the world's largest sporting event, and although it seems that history occurs both on and off the "field", it's safe to say that the Olympics means very different things to different people (especially us).

Keep Reading ... Show less

The "space race" used to be about countries competing … now, it's billionaires.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up in the 1960s when space exploration was in its infancy and space travel was left to the imagination of television show and movie writers; but since one of us was a theater major and the other studied business, it's not surprising we had very different reactions to the recent flights.

Keep Reading ... Show less

Coffee MAY reduce the risk of getting COVID-19, but masks, social distancing, and taking the vaccine WILL!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Both of us are habitual coffee drinkers, so were curious about the potential benefits of our favorite beverage to lower the risk of contracting COVID-19, although our initial reactions to the study were (of course) very different.

Keep Reading ... Show less