Photo by Wilhelm Gunkel on Unsplash

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

I just had a very interesting call with the woman from Alarm Masters.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Is this one of your usual vents, or do I actually need to pay attention?

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

Actually, neither. My home alarm system's siren went off in the middle of the night and scared us all to death. Luckily, it was just a malfunction, so I called them as soon as they opened to see if they could send someone out. And less than two hours later they had a repairman at my door!

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

And, you are telling me this … why?

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

Because after he left, I called their office to thank them for getting someone out so quickly. They always provide great service, but this was exceptional.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

I bet that shocked them. People typically call businesses to complain – not to compliment.

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

Exactly. I could tell that she was very surprised which quickly turned into being appreciative. It was such a small thing on my part, but I think it made a difference in her day.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

And, will probably create a lasting memory. As will this call, as I am used to you calling me to vent – not compliment. Now, is there anything else you need to tell me? Or, can I get back to work?

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

No, that's it. But I guess I could thank you for listening.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

No, save that "thank you" for someone who would appreciate it.

Turkey and all the trimmings? Celebrating with family and friends? Football games? Black Friday shopping plans? This year's Thanksgiving Day plans and memories will be very different, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Or, at least, that's what Red decides after talking with Black in this month's column, Red & Black … What Would The Pilgrims Do?

Why should you be interested in a January column in November? Because, as you might expect in a January column, most people, including Red, would stroll down memory lane. And in 2020, it wasn't only the prior year, but also the prior decade. But, not Black.In Red & Black … Seeing In 2020, you'll discover her unique perspective that's relevant every day of the year, and especially as the next New Year is just around the corner. Plus, it includes another one of Black's memorable car analogies.

I know it can't be avoided, but I feel bad that Mom's spending Thanksgiving alone, but given the coronavirus it can't be helped.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Unfortunately, there are many people in that situation this year. Myself included.

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

Please. You only "do" Thanksgiving because it's expected of you. Unlike Mom, you don't even want me to make you a Thanksgiving dinner care package.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Not a fan of turkey – but did you know that TV dinners were created because of Thanksgiving?
Keep Reading ... Show less