Design by Sawyer Pennington

Red's HeadRed assets.rebelmouse.io

Looking back over the month of October, I'm having a hard time picking my favorite Banter Bites.

Black's HeadBlack assets.rebelmouse.io

You were a straight-A student, maybe you should just grade them.

I don't know about you, but October was when I think I "officially" had enough of current events – whether the presidential election, politics, the coronavirus. It's not that I ignore reality, but let's face it, sometimes you just need to take a break from the news. You need to think about, and ideally, laugh, about things that make you smile. Which is why it was easy to choose my favorites this month.
Curious about Black's favorites this month?

    This name comes with a warning ...

    BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Yes, climate’s a “hot” topic, but summer has only started (marked by the summer solstice), and Red’s already whining about the heat, while Black considersthe logic of naming heat waves. (Really! But it’s not her idea.)

    Keep Reading ...Show less

    Ok, let’s be clear (pun intended) … Communication is critical. Whether in your personal life or in business, not to mention communication skills are transferable between the two (Black even suggested Red hold family “business” meetings). And what better time to work on how we communicate, and maybe even have a new attitude toward vocabulary and “50-cent words” (Red loves those, but terminology scares her!?), than during Effective Communications Month.

    Talking isn't the same as communicating. And hearing isn't the same as listening. Think about it.

    BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Being an effective communicator, whether in our personal lives or at work, is a critical skill but one-size-doesn't-fit-all as we each use very different methods and styles … ranging from lots of words and talking stuffed animals (Red) to bullet points and racing flags (Black).

    Keep Reading ...Show less

    Most workaholics can rationalize working all the time. At least to themselves.

    BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: “Gizmos” already blurred the lines between the workweek and the weekend, but the WFH (working from home) “revolution” caused by the pandemic has destroyed the line; except for people like Black, who have always treated every day as a workday.

    Keep Reading ...Show less