We just posted our June column, Red & Black ... Racing To Launch, which was shorter than usual because sometimes you just run out of hours in the day. That situation seems to be timeless (pun intend), which is why the column's still relevant. It explains why this site was created (educators asked for online resources and fans let us know how Red's crisis had so many parallels to their own challenges). What the column doesn't address is how it went from a "skeleton site" in June to the more extensive site we actually launched. Chalk it up to another timeless concept … life rarely goes as planned.

Turkey and all the trimmings? Celebrating with family and friends? Football games? Black Friday shopping plans? This year's Thanksgiving Day plans and memories will be very different, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Or, at least, that's what Red decides after talking with Black in this month's column, Red & Black … What Would The Pilgrims Do?

Why should you be interested in a January column in November? Because, as you might expect in a January column, most people, including Red, would stroll down memory lane. And in 2020, it wasn't only the prior year, but also the prior decade. But, not Black.In Red & Black … Seeing In 2020, you'll discover her unique perspective that's relevant every day of the year, and especially as the next New Year is just around the corner. Plus, it includes another one of Black's memorable car analogies.

I know it can't be avoided, but I feel bad that Mom's spending Thanksgiving alone, but given the coronavirus it can't be helped.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Unfortunately, there are many people in that situation this year. Myself included.

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

Please. You only "do" Thanksgiving because it's expected of you. Unlike Mom, you don't even want me to make you a Thanksgiving dinner care package.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Not a fan of turkey – but did you know that TV dinners were created because of Thanksgiving?
Keep Reading ... Show less