You shouldn't be surprised that two sisters, especially sisters as different as we are, would banter about everything – sometimes agreeing, sometimes not. But, almost always looking at things from very different perspectives (just scroll through our most recent posts on the home page). Of course, our Banter Bites really highlight our differences and the fact …

Everything with us is a story. Several years ago, we worked with a branding company, and one of the team imagined us as cartoon characters. (Thank you, Puneet!) People told us they loved our sisterly banter, so we started doing a single-frame cartoon to introduce our monthly columns. Then we used them on slides at speaking engagements (Black's corporate background taught her how BORING PowerPoint presentations could be, so she refused to have slides filled with words), and people suggested we syndicate them. (Black, of course, then researched syndication.) And, we even used them at a pitch meeting with Hasbro. When we started working with an animation company and saw their version of our "creatures", we decided they needed to be front and center.

So, just about the time we began developing this website, Black suggested to Red we start a daily "Banter Bite" that we could publish on our Twitter and Facebook pages. It could be about something happening in our lives, current events, some obscure fact/study she happened across, the list goes on and on. And Red's reply? (Keep in mind, she's the self-proclaimed queen of blah-blah-blah.) "I'm not sure we'll have enough material to be able to post every day."

The reality? In the beginning, Black humored Red and we didn't do them every day. But Black kept churning them out based on their conversations – and soon there was a large backlog. At that point, we decided to publish them six days a week (we believe Sundays shouldn't be spent on gizmos, although that doesn't stop Black from working) and later added a "backstory" section to them. Now, based on all the other content we're posting, we're back to doing them 2-3 times a week.

People tell us that our Banter Bites cartoons are fun and quick to read. But also relevant to their day-to-day lives – and not just on the day they're published. In other words, although prior Banter Bites may be considered "old" in today's world of social media and "instant news" (even something from earlier in the day can be considered old or outdated), they don't have an expiration date!

The "space race" used to be about countries competing … now, it's billionaires.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up in the 1960s when space exploration was in its infancy and space travel was left to the imagination of television show and movie writers; but since one of us was a theater major and the other studied business, it's not surprising we had very different reactions to the recent flights.

Keep Reading ... Show less

Coffee MAY reduce the risk of getting COVID-19, but masks, social distancing, and taking the vaccine WILL!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Both of us are habitual coffee drinkers, so were curious about the potential benefits of our favorite beverage to lower the risk of contracting COVID-19, although our initial reactions to the study were (of course) very different.

Keep Reading ... Show less

When you look at someone with a tattoo, what's your first thought?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Although tattoos have been around for thousands of years, how they're perceived has changed dramatically over the last few decades; just ask Red, who when she was growing up would've made a face and responded, "Yuck," while Black would've said she found them cool and (just to annoy our mom) that she could see getting one.

Keep Reading ... Show less