You shouldn't be surprised that two sisters, especially sisters as different as we are, would banter about everything – sometimes agreeing, sometimes not. But, almost always looking at things from very different perspectives (just scroll through our most recent posts on the home page). Of course, our Banter Bites really highlight our differences and the fact …

Everything with us is a story. Several years ago, we worked with a branding company, and one of the team imagined us as cartoon characters. (Thank you, Puneet!) People told us they loved our sisterly banter, so we started doing a single-frame cartoon to introduce our monthly columns. Then we used them on slides at speaking engagements (Black's corporate background taught her how BORING PowerPoint presentations could be, so she refused to have slides filled with words), and people suggested we syndicate them. (Black, of course, then researched syndication.) And, we even used them at a pitch meeting with Hasbro. When we started working with an animation company and saw their version of our "creatures", we decided they needed to be front and center.

So, just about the time we began developing this website, Black suggested to Red we start a daily "Banter Bite" that we could publish on our Twitter and Facebook pages. It could be about something happening in our lives, current events, some obscure fact/study she happened across, the list goes on and on. And Red's reply? (Keep in mind, she's the self-proclaimed queen of blah-blah-blah.) "I'm not sure we'll have enough material to be able to post every day."

The reality? In the beginning, Black humored Red and we didn't do them every day. But Black kept churning them out based on their conversations – and soon there was a large backlog. At that point, we decided to publish them six days a week (we believe Sundays shouldn't be spent on gizmos, although that doesn't stop Black from working) and later added a "backstory" section to them. Now, based on all the other content we're posting, we're back to doing them 2-3 times a week.

People tell us that our Banter Bites cartoons are fun and quick to read. But also relevant to their day-to-day lives – and not just on the day they're published. In other words, although prior Banter Bites may be considered "old" in today's world of social media and "instant news" (even something from earlier in the day can be considered old or outdated), they don't have an expiration date!

In a promise to “never forget” we’re rerunning our 2021 post so that we always remember …

September 11 is a date on the calendar, but "9/11" is a date in history.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Much like JFK's assassination was to an older generation (although Black's old enough to be included), we both remember exactly what we were doing when we first heard the news of the attacks on the Twin Towers, Pentagon, and Flight 93; but, interestingly, how we reflect on 9/11 is a bit of a role reversal.

Keep Reading ...Show less