Design by Sawyer Pennington

Define "older" ... because in today's world of social media and "instant news" even something from earlier in the day can be considered old or outdated.

In mid-March, we started posting Banter Bites to our Twitter and Facebook pages. Feedback was almost instant as people told us they're fun and quick to read. But also relevant to their day-to-day lives – and not just on the day they're published. In other words, they don't have an expiration date!

So, how do we define "older"? Well, in terms of our Banter Bites, we define "older" as anything prior to when we launched this new site. In terms of anything else, well ... that's a loaded question. (FYI, whenever Red mentions that Black's her older sister, Black's quick to point out ... and wiser.)

Stay tuned for more Banter Bites to be posted. And to get Red & Black Banter in your inbox, sign up on the "sticky bar" at the bottom of this page.

How times change … there once was a fictional TV show called "Lost In Space" … now there's going to be a real-life "Seat In Space" …

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: When Red heard that "mere mortals" (translation in this case meaning non-astronauts) were going to be launched into space, all she could think of was how that sounded both scary and exciting, whereas Black, unsurprisingly, had much more pragmatic thoughts.

Sometimes you don't miss something until it's gone. But was it the movies? The escape? Or the popcorn?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: For both Red and Black (but for different reasons), it seemed like the day (or rather weekend) would never come when Red would feel comfortable, post-pandemic, going back to the movies; but Red never expected the stumbling block would involve one of her favorite things.

Keep Reading ... Show less

Rainbows are beautiful and suggest something magical. But during Pride Month, they also become a symbol of love, support, and understanding for the LGBTQ community.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Until yesterday, when Black explained it to her, Red, like many people, didn't realize that Pride Month evolved from a tragic event, the Stonewall Uprising, into both a tribute and a memorial before it became a worldwide celebration of the LGBTQ community.

Keep Reading ... Show less