Every day is a good day to tell people you love that you love them.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Red asked Black if she had any specific thoughts about Valentine's Day, expecting her to merely refer to our February column, Red & Black … A Year-Round Valentine.

Instead, Black commented that she thought it was most appropriate that Bumble (the dating app that seeks to empower women) went public this week. She started talking about the company, and how the IPO (Initial Public Offering) made Bumble's 31-year-old founder the world's youngest self-made woman billionaire, and then said she'd try to find a general interest link as she had been reading about in business publications.

Red offered some superficial thanks for the information, but was glad that she wasn't on a Zoom call with her sister as she was rolling her eyes, realizing she never should have asked her "all-business", non-emotional sister about Valentine's Day. And how she should've just sent these Valentine's Day wishes on her own:

To everyone -- couples (whether married, in serious relationships, or just starting out), parents and children, friends, really anyone who celebrates Valentine's Day – here's wishing you a wonderful day filled with love, friendship, and happiness. And don't forget that even after you're done celebrating Valentine's Day, it's still nice to tell the people you love that you, well, love them!

It's hard not to have an opinion about this year's Olympics, but can we all agree that the athletes represent strength, perseverance, and hope?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: The Olympics is the world's largest sporting event, and although it seems that history occurs both on and off the "field", it's safe to say that the Olympics means very different things to different people (especially us).

Keep Reading ... Show less

The "space race" used to be about countries competing … now, it's billionaires.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up in the 1960s when space exploration was in its infancy and space travel was left to the imagination of television show and movie writers; but since one of us was a theater major and the other studied business, it's not surprising we had very different reactions to the recent flights.

Keep Reading ... Show less

Coffee MAY reduce the risk of getting COVID-19, but masks, social distancing, and taking the vaccine WILL!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Both of us are habitual coffee drinkers, so were curious about the potential benefits of our favorite beverage to lower the risk of contracting COVID-19, although our initial reactions to the study were (of course) very different.

Keep Reading ... Show less