Every day is a good day to tell people you love that you love them.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Red asked Black if she had any specific thoughts about Valentine's Day, expecting her to merely refer to our February column, Red & Black … A Year-Round Valentine.

Instead, Black commented that she thought it was most appropriate that Bumble (the dating app that seeks to empower women) went public this week. She started talking about the company, and how the IPO (Initial Public Offering) made Bumble's 31-year-old founder the world's youngest self-made woman billionaire, and then said she'd try to find a general interest link as she had been reading about in business publications.

Red offered some superficial thanks for the information, but was glad that she wasn't on a Zoom call with her sister as she was rolling her eyes, realizing she never should have asked her "all-business", non-emotional sister about Valentine's Day. And how she should've just sent these Valentine's Day wishes on her own:

To everyone -- couples (whether married, in serious relationships, or just starting out), parents and children, friends, really anyone who celebrates Valentine's Day – here's wishing you a wonderful day filled with love, friendship, and happiness. And don't forget that even after you're done celebrating Valentine's Day, it's still nice to tell the people you love that you, well, love them!

In a promise to “never forget” we’re rerunning our 2021 post so that we always remember …

September 11 is a date on the calendar, but "9/11" is a date in history.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Much like JFK's assassination was to an older generation (although Black's old enough to be included), we both remember exactly what we were doing when we first heard the news of the attacks on the Twin Towers, Pentagon, and Flight 93; but, interestingly, how we reflect on 9/11 is a bit of a role reversal.

Keep Reading ...Show less

Enjoying your favorite TV show and your favorite foods at the same time … what could be better?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: What could be more basic (and nostalgic for many) than the TV dinner, although who would’ve thought something so simple could generate such different reactions from Red & Black?

Keep Reading ...Show less