If someone told you that red wine that's been in space is about to come back to earth, you might think that they'd been drinking …

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Sometimes Black sends Red items that make her roll her eyes, other times they make her wonder how in the world her sister finds these things. The Axios article, "Orbital wine comes back to Earth" (that prompted today's Banter Bite) falls into the second category, and it definitely piqued Red's curiosity. (And if you're more like Black, and want a more detailed explanation, see this AP story.)

If there were an Olympic medal for love and inspiration, Tank Schottle would hold the record for most gold medals.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: In this crazy world that we live in, sometimes simple, positive messages can easily get lost in all the "noise" … but they're there, and sometimes even the most pragmatic people (that'd be Black) feel the need to share them (much to Red's surprise).

Keep Reading ... Show less

It's hard not to have an opinion about this year's Olympics, but can we all agree that the athletes represent strength, perseverance, and hope?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: The Olympics is the world's largest sporting event, and although it seems that history occurs both on and off the "field", it's safe to say that the Olympics means very different things to different people (especially us).

Keep Reading ... Show less

The "space race" used to be about countries competing … now, it's billionaires.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up in the 1960s when space exploration was in its infancy and space travel was left to the imagination of television show and movie writers; but since one of us was a theater major and the other studied business, it's not surprising we had very different reactions to the recent flights.

Keep Reading ... Show less