RED + BLACK - Too Many Car Analogies

This seemed like the perfect teaser to run as Black made not one, but two, unexpected "people" analogies this week. The first came when Red's innocent enough visit to her beloved Dunkin' (Donuts) first led to disappointment and then amazement in Black's Coffee … Analogy. That analogy was about adults, but Black's next one was about children (a bit surprising given she doesn't have any) in Parenting Advice From The "Mayor" Of Munchkin City?

But what made these analogies unusual was neither referenced cars or racing. Although Black couldn't let an entire week pass without talking about those topics, as you can discover in A Perfect Day For A Convertible. And For Chutzpah.

Curious about the "Back Story" to our animation teasers? Red's daughter, Sawyer, told us we needed to do some very short animated "teasers" … so Black said, "Great. You want to work in video production. Take the final working versions of our animation and start creating them!" So, she did!

P.S. – For those of you who've met us or seen us at speaking engagements, we'd love to know if you think the animators have accurately captured us! (You can email us at Banter@RedandBlackBooks.com.)

RED+BLACK - Same Parents ... Different Lives

Based on how we’re spending our holiday weekend, you’d never know we’re related. While Red reminisces about past holiday vacations with her daughters and is looking forward to making new memories as an empty-nester, Black believes long weekends are perfect for workaholics.

So, here’s to a wonderful holiday weekend … regardless of how you may define “wonderful”!

Curious about the "Back Story" to our animation teasers? Red's daughter, Sawyer, told us we needed to do some very short animated "teasers" … so Black said, "Great.You want to work in video production. Take the final working versions of our animation and start creating them!" So, she did!

P.S. – For those of you who've met us or seen us at speaking engagements, we'd love to know if you think the animators have accurately captured us! (You can email us at Banter@RedandBlackBooks.com.)

RED+BLACK - A Floor Filing System?

Overwhelmed by piles of paper? Well, if you’re like Red, longing for a perfectly clean desk, you might use filing cabinets or, at least, neatly stacked file folders. But a filing system that uses the floor of your workroom? And what happens when you run out of floor space?!

Curious about the “Back Story” to our animation teasers? Red’s daughter, Sawyer, told us we needed to do some very short animated “teasers” … so Black said, “Great. You want to work in video production. Take the final working versions of our animation and start creating them!” So, she did!

P.S. – For those of you who've met us or seen us at speaking engagements, we'd love to know if you think the animators have accurately captured us! (You can email us at Banter@RedandBlackBooks.com.)

RED+BLACK - Can You Add & Subtract?

Don’t you hate when sarcasm and the truth are one and the same? Well, Black would argue that she wasn’t being sarcastic (at least not this time) because all you really need are these two basic math skills “to do” personal finance. Now, sarcasm aside, Red thinks it’s the best, and easiest to understand, money management tip she’s ever received.