RED + BLACK - Too Many Car Analogies

This seemed like the perfect teaser to run as Black made not one, but two, unexpected "people" analogies this week. The first came when Red's innocent enough visit to her beloved Dunkin' (Donuts) first led to disappointment and then amazement in Black's Coffee … Analogy. That analogy was about adults, but Black's next one was about children (a bit surprising given she doesn't have any) in Parenting Advice From The "Mayor" Of Munchkin City?

But what made these analogies unusual was neither referenced cars or racing. Although Black couldn't let an entire week pass without talking about those topics, as you can discover in A Perfect Day For A Convertible. And For Chutzpah.

Curious about the "Back Story" to our animation teasers? Red's daughter, Sawyer, told us we needed to do some very short animated "teasers" … so Black said, "Great. You want to work in video production. Take the final working versions of our animation and start creating them!" So, she did!

P.S. – For those of you who've met us or seen us at speaking engagements, we'd love to know if you think the animators have accurately captured us! (You can email us at Banter@RedandBlackBooks.com.)

RED+BLACK - She's Being Sarcastic?!

How can Black be sarcastic about … a crisis??? Easy. Because sarcasm’s her default setting (Red knows it’s more realistic to expect sarcasm from her sister than compliments), and Black never passes up an opportunity to be a … well, let’s just say she never passes up the opportunity to be sarcastic. Even when talking about something as straightforward as New Year resolutions, she has to be sarcastic about her sarcasm!

Curious about the "Back Story" to our animation teasers? Red's daughter, Sawyer, told us we needed to do some very short animated "teasers" … so Black said, "Great. You want to work in video production. Take the final working versions of our animation and start creating them!" So, she did!

P.S. – For those of you who've met us or seen us at speaking engagements, we'd love to know if you think the animators have accurately captured us! (You can email us at Banter@RedandBlackBooks.com.)

RED+BLACK - Where's The Money Gone?

Do you make New Year resolutions about money? If so, you’re not alone! Or, maybe you wonder, “Where’s the money gone?” And, how do you react when you look at a bank statement? Confident? Scared? Clueless? (Or, maybe you don’t even look at them.)

Of course, Red (who admits personal finance scared her) reacts in her usual emotional (and theatrical) fashion.

Curious about the "Back Story" to our animation teasers? Red's daughter, Sawyer, told us we needed to do some very short animated "teasers" … so Black said, "Great. You want to work in video production. Take the final working versions of our animation and start creating them!" So, she did!

P.S. – For those of you who've met us or seen us at speaking engagements, we'd love to know if you think the animators have accurately captured us! (You can email us at Banter@RedandBlackBooks.com.)

RED+BLACK - Avoid More Danger

'Tis the season … to be safe? Most people don't think of "safety" when it comes to the holidays, but in the hustle-and-bustle of what Red calls the "silly season", it's easy to become careless and vulnerable to theft and other crimes, so here are some safety tips. Plus, winter and especially the holiday season is when there are more home fires, so here are fire safety tips.

Red, who loves lists, put "safety first" on the top of her holiday list. Black suggests she put that on the top of all her lists, all year-long!