An inauguration day filled with pageantry and patriotism, celebration and ceremony. But, above all, filled with hope.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: If someone asked you what you thought was the most memorable moment of the inauguration, what would you choose?

For Red, she felt overwhelmed – by emotions and by choices. She can't decide between the inauguration of our first female Vice President, the poetry of 22-year-old Amanda Gorman, the youngest inaugural poet, or the many powerful words spoken by President Biden in his address. But ultimately what she felt was a feeling of hope and possibility, of unity and working together. And for a mom, there's perhaps no better feeling to have, as the future of our country is intertwined with their future.

And Black? An extremely pragmatic, non-emotional person who rarely lets feelings impact her reactions and thoughts. Well, she first honed in on the part of the President's speech where he said, simply and humbly, "Let us start afresh" and then when he asked his political opponents to at least "Hear me out." Each may seem like just a few words, in the midst of a speech filled with many heartfelt, and seemingly more memorable, words. But to her, these were some of the most powerful words spoken, as the only way we can hope to find common ground and achieve unity is to listen to one another. To truly listen with open hearts and open minds.

In a promise to “never forget” we’re rerunning our 2021 post so that we always remember …

September 11 is a date on the calendar, but "9/11" is a date in history.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Much like JFK's assassination was to an older generation (although Black's old enough to be included), we both remember exactly what we were doing when we first heard the news of the attacks on the Twin Towers, Pentagon, and Flight 93; but, interestingly, how we reflect on 9/11 is a bit of a role reversal.

Keep Reading ...Show less