The Second Impeachment Trial. Will it be about democracy and truth, or a made-for-TV reality show?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: If ever our respective Banter Bite bubbles reflected who we are, it's this one ...

First, there's Red, the warm and fuzzy mom who, although she earned a theater degree from a prestigious school, never put it to use (unless you count being theatrical and critiquing movies). Her favorite part of going to the movies (it was how she escaped life before the pandemic) was to get the largest bucket of popcorn, which she'd refuse to share with anyone, including her own children. Yes, you read that right! She'd be happy to buy them their own, but not share, as Red admits having an obsession with movie theater popcorn. At the same time, she's become a bit of a news junkie since the 2016 presidential election, not because she's enthralled with politics, but due to the theatrics of it.

And then, there's Black. Loaded with an M.B.A. in International Finance (jointly issued by two prestigious schools), she climbed the corporate ladder in the oil and gas industry, becoming a corporate vice president when few women were even in the industry. (Oh, the stories she has!) She's always been "all business" but if it hadn't been for our mom insisting she'd make a great lawyer (Black's always loved to debate, and Red has been known to compare Black's brain to a computer processor), she'd probably be a very successful trial attorney. Instead, she dug in her heels (her shoes are also the basis of many stories) and decided that was the last thing she'd become.

Of course, combine our personal interests and backgrounds with the impeachment trial and we're sure there'll be some "interesting" conversations we'll try to capture in Banter Bites. Meanwhile, Black's preparing herself to have Red, the frustrated theater major, utter the phrase "This should be a podcast" countless times.

It's hard not to have an opinion about this year's Olympics, but can we all agree that the athletes represent strength, perseverance, and hope?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: The Olympics is the world's largest sporting event, and although it seems that history occurs both on and off the "field", it's safe to say that the Olympics means very different things to different people (especially us).

Keep Reading ... Show less

The "space race" used to be about countries competing … now, it's billionaires.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up in the 1960s when space exploration was in its infancy and space travel was left to the imagination of television show and movie writers; but since one of us was a theater major and the other studied business, it's not surprising we had very different reactions to the recent flights.

Keep Reading ... Show less

Coffee MAY reduce the risk of getting COVID-19, but masks, social distancing, and taking the vaccine WILL!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Both of us are habitual coffee drinkers, so were curious about the potential benefits of our favorite beverage to lower the risk of contracting COVID-19, although our initial reactions to the study were (of course) very different.

Keep Reading ... Show less