Although 57 of 100 senators voted "guilty," many of the others took the position you can't try a president after he left office – so we'll never know how many believe he's actually guilty.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: As expected, Red and Black looked at the impeachment trial outcome very differently.

Black was fascinated by the legal maneuvering of the impeachment trial, and admits she's a frustrated attorney at heart. However, she realizes that her opinion of what happened and why is just that – an opinion. But the facts remain that Trump's the only president to be impeached twice, and this was the most bipartisan vote in any presidential impeachment trial (seven Republicans voted he was guilty). He's the only president to seriously threaten the peaceful transfer of power. And he's the first impeached president to have left office before being tried. And, there may be more firsts based on the looming amount of legal trouble on the horizon.

Red, on the other hand, doesn't care about all the firsts. Well, she does, but it's not first and foremost (pun intended) in her mind. But as someone who loves history, she can't help but wonder how this chapter in American history will be written. Will it be the trial where some senators, whose lives were at great risk when the Capitol was overrun by rioters, were able to "ignore" Trump's behavior because he was no longer president? Will it be the changes we saw in what people deemed "acceptable behavior" during the last four years? Will it be the power of social media to spread both information and misinformation? Will it be the physical and emotional attack on the Capitol and democracy? Will it be how it has caused a divide within the Republican Party? Or, all of the above?

But we both agree,

Only time will tell how Trump and his presidency will go down in history, and whether he'll actually face consequences of his actions. Meanwhile, we all have been affected by this – in many different ways. But, hopefully, we can now move on …

Happy Meals. Lasik surgery. A Supreme Court justice. Any idea what these three things have in common?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Although Hispanic Heritage Month started in 1968 as a week-long event, Red, the straight-A student and lover of history, is a bit embarrassed that she didn't know about it, but the theater major in her realizes they're under-represented (and misrepresented) in the movies. When we talked about the comparison of "In The Heights" to "West Side Story," Black wasn't only focused on the business aspects but also how it reflects the times, and now is interested in the many contributions (including patents) made by Latinx, and the need for inclusion and diversity.

P.S. – We were both curious why the month-long celebration begins mid-month (September 15) and discovered it's in honor of the anniversaries of national independence for many Latin American countries.

Can something be "new" if it's made with "old" ingredients?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Black's fascinated by the business and marketing aspects of food mash-ups (especially the multi-generational angle), while Red's excited that her beloved Dunkin' has collaborated with Post Cereals and there's now Dunkin' cereal (and both of us love the tag line, "Now you can have your coffee and eat it, too!). Funny thing is that we've all probably been doing our own "mash-ups" for years (ok, maybe not Black).

As the song says, "They say the neon lights are bright on Broadway, they say there's always magic in the air on Broadway" … and now it's all coming back!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Although we live in Texas, we're originally from New York, and as different as we are, one thing we have in common is a love of Broadway, so we're excited about the re-opening of Broadway, even if for very different reasons.

Keep Reading ... Show less