If the photos are anything to go by … remember … these treats are for your dog, not you!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: When Black sent Red not one, but two, links about Ben and Jerry's new venture into dog treats, Red, who's used to being inundated with all the articles Black finds "interesting" (they definitely have different definitions of "interesting"), thought that was unusual. Rather than questioning, "Why two?," she decided it was quicker to just open them, but found she actually loved reading the business-oriented AP story about Ben and Jerry's new ice cream venture.

As a dog owner and lover, Red knows that ice cream's not good for dogs, so she was fascinated by how they worked with a veterinary nutritionist to make sure the treats are safe and easy to digest. But when she watched the Ben & Jerry's video, the packaging and flavors, in true Ben and Jerry's fashion, looked too good to pass up.

Plus, as someone that used to dream of living in Vermont, having gone there since she was a child, Red has a soft spot for most things from Vermont and even remembers going to the original Ben and Jerry's ice-cream shop in Burlington, Vermont. So, to think that years later (she doesn't want to admit it's actually decades), she could introduce her labradoodle to a beloved childhood favorite definitely made her smile. The challenge will be making sure her daughter realizes to keep her "human paws" off the ice cream!

It's hard not to have an opinion about this year's Olympics, but can we all agree that the athletes represent strength, perseverance, and hope?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: The Olympics is the world's largest sporting event, and although it seems that history occurs both on and off the "field", it's safe to say that the Olympics means very different things to different people (especially us).

Keep Reading ... Show less

The "space race" used to be about countries competing … now, it's billionaires.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up in the 1960s when space exploration was in its infancy and space travel was left to the imagination of television show and movie writers; but since one of us was a theater major and the other studied business, it's not surprising we had very different reactions to the recent flights.

Keep Reading ... Show less

Coffee MAY reduce the risk of getting COVID-19, but masks, social distancing, and taking the vaccine WILL!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Both of us are habitual coffee drinkers, so were curious about the potential benefits of our favorite beverage to lower the risk of contracting COVID-19, although our initial reactions to the study were (of course) very different.

Keep Reading ... Show less