It's may be hard to remember, but it used to be that White House news barely made the news.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: At the risk of sounding like the description of "Seinfeld" – a show about nothing …

We're going to be very honest when we say that today's Banter Bite's really about nothing – nothing special. Or, maybe it's better described as nothing earth-shattering, nothing alarming, nothing controversial.

And although there were plenty of stories in the news, there wasn't anything that we felt compelled to comment on (but that didn't stop us from talking on the phone throughout the day). Now, don't get us wrong. There's plenty to talk about in terms of what's going on in D.C., but politics aside, you must admit that, on the surface anyway, things are significantly less volatile and a lot more measured. And for that, we're grateful. So …

We're not going to talk just for the sake of talking, or write for the sake of writing, as much as our readers might think that we always have something to say about everything and anything. Instead, we should all take a deep breath and enjoy the calm and quiet.

It's hard not to have an opinion about this year's Olympics, but can we all agree that the athletes represent strength, perseverance, and hope?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: The Olympics is the world's largest sporting event, and although it seems that history occurs both on and off the "field", it's safe to say that the Olympics means very different things to different people (especially us).

Keep Reading ... Show less

The "space race" used to be about countries competing … now, it's billionaires.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up in the 1960s when space exploration was in its infancy and space travel was left to the imagination of television show and movie writers; but since one of us was a theater major and the other studied business, it's not surprising we had very different reactions to the recent flights.

Keep Reading ... Show less

Coffee MAY reduce the risk of getting COVID-19, but masks, social distancing, and taking the vaccine WILL!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Both of us are habitual coffee drinkers, so were curious about the potential benefits of our favorite beverage to lower the risk of contracting COVID-19, although our initial reactions to the study were (of course) very different.

Keep Reading ... Show less