Design by Sawyer Pennington

The back of our book states, "We are real people. We are not claiming to be experts in any given field, but rather are becoming experts of our own lives. "However, since many of our daily Banter Bites are political in nature, we want you to know that we are NOT political commentators either … even though it seems so much of our daily lives have become political. Even the wearing of masks, which we strongly believe is a health and safety issue, has become a political issue.

In terms of the presidential election, we've tried to remain neutral and merely give you food-for-thought on different aspects and topics. The reality is that Red and Black don't always agree on politics, but unlike friends and acquaintances that you can distance yourself from due to politics (that could be a post onto itself), we're sisters that work together, so we've had to find a way to get past that. The funny thing is that along the way, we've learned to explain our respective positions (which can be a challenge since one of us is emotional and family oriented while the other is pragmatic and business oriented) and actually give each other food-for-thought.

We know there are many political commentators out there, as well as politicians who give commentary. Some are more educational than others, some are more accurate than others, some are more entertaining than others. We're not claiming to be any of those … we're merely letting you eavesdrop on how we're dealing with life in a very political environment.

P.S. – Having said all that, Red would love to see Black on "Real Time with Bill Maher." So, does anyone know how to make that happen?!

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

I know it can't be avoided, but I feel bad that Mom's spending Thanksgiving alone, but given the coronavirus it can't be helped.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Unfortunately, there are many people in that situation this year. Myself included.

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

Please. You only "do" Thanksgiving because it's expected of you. Unlike Mom, you don't even want me to make you a Thanksgiving dinner care package.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Not a fan of turkey – but did you know that TV dinners were created because of Thanksgiving?

It's November. Why should you care about our February column? Let's start with what does February mean to you? Valentine's Day? Forgotten New Year's resolutions? American Heart Month? As usual, Red's conversation with Black starts with a problem and ends up with not only inspiration and motivation, but instantly actionable ideas! In Red & Black … Have A Heart, Red finds a great way to show love – for others and for herself. Maybe you will, too.

Thanksgiving's my favorite holiday of the year, but this year I feel like it's barely going to be a holiday. It makes me sad.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Are you still going to have decorations throughout the house and your big inflatable turkey in the front yard?

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

Are you kidding? He's my favorite inflatable and has been on our front lawn since right after Halloween! Inside, I pared down the amount of decorations years ago. Just enough to make it festive, but not overwhelming in terms of set-up and take-down.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Are you still planning to cook a traditional Thanksgiving dinner? I know the last few years it has only been a handful of people, and there are only two (Mom and me) who are not part of your COVID "bubble".
Keep Reading ... Show less