Tony's Bennett's legendary singing has touched millions of people, and now his singing's helping him battle Alzheimer's disease … proving the power of music.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Every weekday morning Red has "CBS This Morning" on in the background as she starts her workday by going through emails...

Yesterday, the announcement that Tony Bennett has been battling Alzheimer's since 2016 caught her attention as news of any legendary celebrity battling something so serious would. Red was aware that the disease steals people of their memories and cognitive abilities but was touched by the upbeat nature of Gayle King's interview with Tony Bennett's wife, Susan.

Just as the interview was ending, Red saw an email from Black that linked to an AP announcement about Tony's Bennett's diagnosis and it referenced a newly released feature article in AARP, The Magazine. Although the AP piece was short, it had a quote that made Red stop and smile.

He's not the old Tony anymore," his wife, Susan, told the magazine. "But when he sings, he's the old Tony.

Tony Bennett's singing has touched generations of music lovers, but whether you're familiar with his music or not, this chapter of his life's an inspiring one – of family, of hard work, of joy in what you do, and of the power of music. If you want to learn more about Tony Bennett and his amazing journey – as a musician, as a painter, as a father, as an Alzheimer patient – the AARP article may have everything you want and more.

In a promise to “never forget” we’re rerunning our 2021 post so that we always remember …

September 11 is a date on the calendar, but "9/11" is a date in history.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Much like JFK's assassination was to an older generation (although Black's old enough to be included), we both remember exactly what we were doing when we first heard the news of the attacks on the Twin Towers, Pentagon, and Flight 93; but, interestingly, how we reflect on 9/11 is a bit of a role reversal.

Keep Reading ...Show less