Tony's Bennett's legendary singing has touched millions of people, and now his singing's helping him battle Alzheimer's disease … proving the power of music.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Every weekday morning Red has "CBS This Morning" on in the background as she starts her workday by going through emails...

Yesterday, the announcement that Tony Bennett has been battling Alzheimer's since 2016 caught her attention as news of any legendary celebrity battling something so serious would. Red was aware that the disease steals people of their memories and cognitive abilities but was touched by the upbeat nature of Gayle King's interview with Tony Bennett's wife, Susan.

Just as the interview was ending, Red saw an email from Black that linked to an AP announcement about Tony's Bennett's diagnosis and it referenced a newly released feature article in AARP, The Magazine. Although the AP piece was short, it had a quote that made Red stop and smile.

He's not the old Tony anymore," his wife, Susan, told the magazine. "But when he sings, he's the old Tony.

Tony Bennett's singing has touched generations of music lovers, but whether you're familiar with his music or not, this chapter of his life's an inspiring one – of family, of hard work, of joy in what you do, and of the power of music. If you want to learn more about Tony Bennett and his amazing journey – as a musician, as a painter, as a father, as an Alzheimer patient – the AARP article may have everything you want and more.

It's hard not to have an opinion about this year's Olympics, but can we all agree that the athletes represent strength, perseverance, and hope?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: The Olympics is the world's largest sporting event, and although it seems that history occurs both on and off the "field", it's safe to say that the Olympics means very different things to different people (especially us).

Keep Reading ... Show less

The "space race" used to be about countries competing … now, it's billionaires.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up in the 1960s when space exploration was in its infancy and space travel was left to the imagination of television show and movie writers; but since one of us was a theater major and the other studied business, it's not surprising we had very different reactions to the recent flights.

Keep Reading ... Show less

Coffee MAY reduce the risk of getting COVID-19, but masks, social distancing, and taking the vaccine WILL!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Both of us are habitual coffee drinkers, so were curious about the potential benefits of our favorite beverage to lower the risk of contracting COVID-19, although our initial reactions to the study were (of course) very different.

Keep Reading ... Show less