RED+BLACK - What Are Sisters For?

OK, Red's daughter, Sawyer, told us we needed to do some very short animated "teasers" (this one is only 15 seconds) … so Black said, "Great. You want to work in video production. Take the final working versions of our animation and start creating them!"

So, she did! And this is the first one to be released – and explains how Red & Black started.

Want to be the first to see new animation videos? Register on the "sticky bar" at the bottom of the page.

P.S. – For those of you who've met us or seen us at speaking engagements, we'd love to know if you think the animators have accurately captured us! (You can email us at Banter@RedandBlackBooks.com.)

OK, we have to give credit where credit is due … When Black first envisioned "Red & Black" (before she even let Red know that she was turning her crisis into a book – a brand – a business), she thought it could be a sitcom. Because all successful sitcoms are relationship based. However, years later, at a meeting with Hasbro, they said they thought our concept for a sitcom would be better as animation. So, thank you Hasbro!

We've been working with an amazing animation firm based in Austin, and from the start – beginning with character development – we felt like they "got us" and captured our personalities in our animated "creatures." But we never realized the incredible amount of work entailed in creating animation! Which explains the long lead-time between concept/script and final product.

We'll be releasing a wide assortment of animated videos – many of them stories that people seem to love (or at least seem entertained by) at speaking engagements as well as those developed for the Greater Houston Partnership's UpSkill Houston initiative (that are also being used by the City of Houston).

Want to be the first to see new videos? Register on the "sticky bar" at the bottom of the page.