Credit: Photo by Spukkato on iStock

Red's Head assets.rebelmouse.io

I suppose you celebrate Labor Day by just, well, laboring away on Red & Black. But that's how you celebrate most holidays. For me, I always enjoy celebrating the last three-day weekend of the summer, although the challenge will be deciding what to do this Labor Day (keeping in mind COVID-19, like you, doesn't take holidays off). I'm guessing a bike ride or movie, or maybe both.

But before you say anything, yes, I'm well aware that today's more than a day off and a potential "cut-off" for not wearing white anymore (😊). It's about honoring American workers and all the many contributions they've made and continue to make.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

I know you love history, but do you know the history of Labor Day includes violence and a deadly railroad strike? And was a way for politicians to "prove" they cared about workers? Anyway, this year, given the pandemic and all the natural disasters, the idea of a day to celebrate American workers and heroes – and prove we care – is more important than ever before. And, could be as simple as saying "thank you" or sharing a favorite Labor Day quote.

And, yes, you are correct, I am working today. Because I enjoying working. And, my Labor Day "gift" for you will be to save all my emails to you until tomorrow, and your gift to me could be letting me get back to work.
Photo by enviromantic for iStock

red head assets.rebelmouse.io

I know I shouldn’t say this, but I can’t stand N95 masks! They make me feel like a duck.

Black assets.rebelmouse.io

That quacks me up. Regardless, they are much more effective than cloth masks. And, FYI, they do come in different shapes.

assets.rebelmouse.io

I just wish they were more comfortable.
Keep Reading ... Show less
Photo by bhofack2 for iStock

Popcorn. Just the thought of popcorn makes me smile, makes me want to indulge, makes me happy. And I’m guessing my popcorn obsession makes Black roll her eyes (although she might admit it can be a healthy snack). However, plenty of people must love popcorn as much as I do. Why else would there be a National Popcorn Day?!

Over the past few years, the pandemic posed challenges that none of us could’ve foreseen (and I’ll never forget the dedication of the front-line workers or make light of the sacrifices so many had to make). But part of me has to laugh at the irony because it ended my seemingly easy “escape” from the stresses of life – going to the movies and enjoying the largest bucket of popcorn – when I needed it the most.

red head assets.rebelmouse.io

Well, it’s our first column of the year. A new beginning. Any “new” ideas for topics? Something other than New Year’s resolutions.

Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Is there a reason you do not want to talk about resolutions?

assets.rebelmouse.io

Obviously, yours was not to ask fewer questions.

Black (use0 assets.rebelmouse.io

That will never happen, but you are avoiding the question. Why?

Red assets.rebelmouse.io

Because every year, I have a long list of things I want to do, and I start strong, but within a few months, I fall back into old habits. Sometimes it only takes weeks. It’s frustrating and disappointing.

Black (use) assets.rebelmouse.io

Next question. What is the opposite of “old?"
Keep Reading ... Show less