Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

I know everyone's always trying to find balance in their life, but I've really been struggling with it as there always seems to be so much going on between Red & Black, Mom, the girls, the list is seemingly endless.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

And, as I am a die-hard workaholic that admits to not having a life, you think I have the answer?

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

Excellent point. Never mind.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

However, I do have some suggestions … if you do not mind, "Do as I say, not as I do."

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

At this point, I'll take whatever help I can get.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Sometimes you just need to make a conscious effort to stay present. And, by that I mean appreciate what is happening now instead of thinking about what is next. Or, reminiscing about the past.

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

That sounds good, but it also sounds overly simplistic, not to mention highly optimistic. And where would I even start?

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Easy. It really is as simple as 1 – 2 – 3.

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

Nothing's that simple.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

1. SLOW down and look around
2. STOP using your gizmo and consider putting it away
3. GO interact with people (safely, of course) or just steal some "alone time"

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

Actually, that does sound simple. Now I just have to remember to SLOW – STOP – GO.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Maybe you just need to imagine a traffic light. Plus, it would have the added benefit of every time you see a real traffic light it will remind you to SLOW – STOP – GO.

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

I should've known there'd be a car or driving analogy in there somewhere.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Throttle on ...

red head assets.rebelmouse.io

Well, it’s our first column of the year. A new beginning. Any “new” ideas for topics? Something other than New Year’s resolutions.

Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Is there a reason you do not want to talk about resolutions?

assets.rebelmouse.io

Obviously, yours was not to ask fewer questions.

Black (use0 assets.rebelmouse.io

That will never happen, but you are avoiding the question. Why?

Red assets.rebelmouse.io

Because every year, I have a long list of things I want to do, and I start strong, but within a few months, I fall back into old habits. Sometimes it only takes weeks. It’s frustrating and disappointing.

Black (use) assets.rebelmouse.io

Next question. What is the opposite of “old?"
Keep Reading ... Show less

December’s so festive and full of magic, but it’s also about appreciating family and friends and those lives we’ve been lucky enough to be a part of and, hopefully, touched in a positive way. Which is something we often pay lip service to, because as much as we truly believe it, life has a way of going by in a blur, and before you know it, another year comes to an end.

This seemingly obvious observation became more than just words a few short, or so it seems, weeks ago when Black and I lost our mom. She had lived a full 94 years, but when the time came, it came quicker than expected, which was a blessing for her but difficult for those she left behind. And while Black and I each had a very different relationship with our mom, it has been a challenging time in many ways.

Luckily, the business side of Red & Black could be put “on hold” and Black posted (on our behalf),

Keep Reading ... Show less

As we welcome 2022 … we wish a happy and healthy New Year to you!