Dummy Checklist

Looking back over the month of May, I'm having a hard time picking my favorite Banter Bites.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

You were a straight-A student, maybe you should just grade them.

This month was an emotional roller coaster filled with worry, stress, sadness, and an assortment of other emotions. And, in reviewing the Banter Bites to find my favorites, I realized Black's perspective is often the voice of reason, but it still didn't change the fact it was a very difficult month. I also realized that when it comes to the coronavirus, unfortunately the more things change, the more things stay the same …
Curious about Black's favorites this month?

So, how are you planning to pick your favorite Banter Bites from all the ones we posted in May?

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Do not need a plan. Will just pick a few and move on …

Toward the end of the month, I thought we were seeing the light at the end of the tunnel … that as our cities opened up, we would find a new normal. Sadly, it turned out that the light was an oncoming train, and we were hit with the protests and riots associated with the murder of George Floyd. Which meant having to look a little harder for the things that remind you of all the good in the world …

Curious about Red's favorites this month?

RED & BLACK: Assets, Liabilities & Ferraris?

Whenever Black starts a sentence, "When I was racing Ferraris" it always gets the interest of students. But it doesn't stop there. Not only do grown men seem to become young boys in an instant, it also seems to get the interest of girls and women of all ages. So, we weren't surprised that a student decided to make a video about assets and liabilities since it mentions Black's Ferraris. But as much as you may dream of a Ferrari, there's something that's infinitely more valuable …

Curious about the back story on this student-created video?

In 2012, the seniors at YES Prep Public Schools in Houston were reading What I Learned About Life When My Husband Got Fired!, and invited us to be the keynote speakers at their Senior Summit. The theme was "Life Is A Journey" and we used our own personal journeys, as well as the "story" of Red & Black, to talk about many important life lessons.

When one of the seniors, who wanted to pursue a career in media production, learned that the presentation was videotaped by YES Prep, he asked permission to create an assortment of YouTube videos using excerpts from the keynote presentation. Of course, we were flattered and said, "Yes." (Thank you, Aurelio – for asking, and for producing such great videos!)

Stay tuned as we'll be posting more of his videos. Or, better yet, register on the "sticky bar" at the bottom of the page and we'll keep you updated!