Underlying photo by CDC on Unsplash

The coronavirus has changed everything for all of us, and the stories of the first responders and the countless heroes on the front line who are fighting this pandemic never cease to inspire us. But we wanted to do something – anything – to help. But what?

FREE For Educators

So, when educators reached out to us to see if we could provide online resources, telling us they found our print materials (and especially our book) engaging and educational, and their students found it fun and relevant, Black immediately said, "Yes." And when they asked the cost, Black (as the business half of Red & Black), replied without hesitation, "Free."

FREE For Parents

Red knows what it's like to have kids not only home from school, but bored and looking for something to do. She also knows never to tell them something's "good for them." Feedback we've gotten from parents is they've found Red & Black and our assortment of materials provides them with something they can use with their kids or, even better, do together. Plus, parents like that it's engaging and relevant yet requires no prior knowledge or advance preparation (unlike trying to help your kids with algebra).

Want More Information?

To learn more about our free, fun, and easy-to-use resources, including chapter-by-chapter PDF's of our bestselling book (intended as the basis of a sitcom when it was launched by Neiman Marcus, it was approved by the Texas State Board of Education as a textbook!), please go to the resource page we created For Educators.

red head assets.rebelmouse.io

Well, it’s our first column of the year. A new beginning. Any “new” ideas for topics? Something other than New Year’s resolutions.

Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Is there a reason you do not want to talk about resolutions?

assets.rebelmouse.io

Obviously, yours was not to ask fewer questions.

Black (use0 assets.rebelmouse.io

That will never happen, but you are avoiding the question. Why?

Red assets.rebelmouse.io

Because every year, I have a long list of things I want to do, and I start strong, but within a few months, I fall back into old habits. Sometimes it only takes weeks. It’s frustrating and disappointing.

Black (use) assets.rebelmouse.io

Next question. What is the opposite of “old?"
Keep Reading ... Show less

December’s so festive and full of magic, but it’s also about appreciating family and friends and those lives we’ve been lucky enough to be a part of and, hopefully, touched in a positive way. Which is something we often pay lip service to, because as much as we truly believe it, life has a way of going by in a blur, and before you know it, another year comes to an end.

This seemingly obvious observation became more than just words a few short, or so it seems, weeks ago when Black and I lost our mom. She had lived a full 94 years, but when the time came, it came quicker than expected, which was a blessing for her but difficult for those she left behind. And while Black and I each had a very different relationship with our mom, it has been a challenging time in many ways.

Luckily, the business side of Red & Black could be put “on hold” and Black posted (on our behalf),

Keep Reading ... Show less

As we welcome 2022 … we wish a happy and healthy New Year to you!