Imagine if the Academy Award for Best Picture had over 300 different movies nominated …there were 318 nominees for the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Every year when nominees are announced for the Nobel Peace Prize there's inevitably uproar over some questionable nominations. And every year there are a host of articles that appear both in defense and opposition to the nominees. So why should this year be any different? Except that maybe the reaction to the nominees is as polarizing as everything else seems to be these days.

This week Red, for probably the first time, actually paid attention to the press surrounding the Nobel Peace Prize, mostly because it seemed like she couldn't avoid it. And when she asked Black what she thought about the nominations, Black basically referred Red to the Nobel Peace Prize website explaining how there's a fairly long list of people who submit nominations (deadline was February 1) and then commenting,

Being nominated may give you bragging rights … but prestige and honor come from winning.

Red thought that was it, until Black added that she found the 50-year secrecy rule very interesting.

In a promise to “never forget” we’re rerunning our 2021 post so that we always remember …

September 11 is a date on the calendar, but "9/11" is a date in history.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Much like JFK's assassination was to an older generation (although Black's old enough to be included), we both remember exactly what we were doing when we first heard the news of the attacks on the Twin Towers, Pentagon, and Flight 93; but, interestingly, how we reflect on 9/11 is a bit of a role reversal.

Keep Reading ...Show less

Enjoying your favorite TV show and your favorite foods at the same time … what could be better?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: What could be more basic (and nostalgic for many) than the TV dinner, although who would’ve thought something so simple could generate such different reactions from Red & Black?

Keep Reading ...Show less