Admit it … didn't you enjoy having a more "normal" July 4th?!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Whether you're someone that's working today (of course, Black treats every day as a workday, so a "holiday" merely means that there's less "interference" from the outside world) or if you're fortunate enough to have the day off (Red forgot to ask Black if she considered today a "holiday" and isn't brave enough to ask at this point), it's still a day of celebration,

We hope that your Fourth of July found you enjoying some "independence" and a return to "normal traditions" (we're all trying to figure out our "new normal"), and an appreciation of the Fourth of July, which is so much More Than Food & Fireworks. Yesterday may be the day we officially celebrated our independence and freedom, but it's something we should remember today … and every day.

It's hard not to have an opinion about this year's Olympics, but can we all agree that the athletes represent strength, perseverance, and hope?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: The Olympics is the world's largest sporting event, and although it seems that history occurs both on and off the "field", it's safe to say that the Olympics means very different things to different people (especially us).

Keep Reading ... Show less

The "space race" used to be about countries competing … now, it's billionaires.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up in the 1960s when space exploration was in its infancy and space travel was left to the imagination of television show and movie writers; but since one of us was a theater major and the other studied business, it's not surprising we had very different reactions to the recent flights.

Keep Reading ... Show less

Coffee MAY reduce the risk of getting COVID-19, but masks, social distancing, and taking the vaccine WILL!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Both of us are habitual coffee drinkers, so were curious about the potential benefits of our favorite beverage to lower the risk of contracting COVID-19, although our initial reactions to the study were (of course) very different.

Keep Reading ... Show less