Admit it … didn't you enjoy having a more "normal" July 4th?!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Whether you're someone that's working today (of course, Black treats every day as a workday, so a "holiday" merely means that there's less "interference" from the outside world) or if you're fortunate enough to have the day off (Red forgot to ask Black if she considered today a "holiday" and isn't brave enough to ask at this point), it's still a day of celebration,

We hope that your Fourth of July found you enjoying some "independence" and a return to "normal traditions" (we're all trying to figure out our "new normal"), and an appreciation of the Fourth of July, which is so much More Than Food & Fireworks. Yesterday may be the day we officially celebrated our independence and freedom, but it's something we should remember today … and every day.

In a promise to “never forget” we’re rerunning our 2021 post so that we always remember …

September 11 is a date on the calendar, but "9/11" is a date in history.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Much like JFK's assassination was to an older generation (although Black's old enough to be included), we both remember exactly what we were doing when we first heard the news of the attacks on the Twin Towers, Pentagon, and Flight 93; but, interestingly, how we reflect on 9/11 is a bit of a role reversal.

Keep Reading ...Show less