The pandemic didn't stop apple fans from buying apples. Or, Apple fans from buying Apple products.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Red didn't even know that Apple stores had closed, so didn't realize that all Apple stores in U.S. open for business for the first time since start of the pandemic, until Black let her know.

That's probably because Red isn't a huge fan of technology, and except for an iPad (which she mostly uses for Zoom and FaceTime sessions because her computer monitor doesn't have a camera) doesn't own any other Apple products. Yes, both her daughters keep telling her to get an iPhone. But Red hates touch screens, so getting her to switch from her Blackberry (which she loves due to its keyboard) would be a huge change and nothing that will happen in the near future.

So, initially, it didn't make any difference to Red whether Apple stores are open or closed. Until Black pointed out that throughout the pandemic, Apple had opened and closed stores around the world depending on local conditions, so this was a milestone for Apple. And an indicator that Apple thinks the worst is behind us. However, Black couldn't help but add one more thought,

Apple has advised that just because its stores are open does not mean they are fully open for walk-ins. It may require an appointment. Hmmm … make an appointment to spend money shopping in person versus just doing it online in your PJs …?

It's hard not to have an opinion about this year's Olympics, but can we all agree that the athletes represent strength, perseverance, and hope?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: The Olympics is the world's largest sporting event, and although it seems that history occurs both on and off the "field", it's safe to say that the Olympics means very different things to different people (especially us).

Keep Reading ... Show less

The "space race" used to be about countries competing … now, it's billionaires.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up in the 1960s when space exploration was in its infancy and space travel was left to the imagination of television show and movie writers; but since one of us was a theater major and the other studied business, it's not surprising we had very different reactions to the recent flights.

Keep Reading ... Show less

Coffee MAY reduce the risk of getting COVID-19, but masks, social distancing, and taking the vaccine WILL!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Both of us are habitual coffee drinkers, so were curious about the potential benefits of our favorite beverage to lower the risk of contracting COVID-19, although our initial reactions to the study were (of course) very different.

Keep Reading ... Show less