The pandemic didn't stop apple fans from buying apples. Or, Apple fans from buying Apple products.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Red didn't even know that Apple stores had closed, so didn't realize that all Apple stores in U.S. open for business for the first time since start of the pandemic, until Black let her know.

That's probably because Red isn't a huge fan of technology, and except for an iPad (which she mostly uses for Zoom and FaceTime sessions because her computer monitor doesn't have a camera) doesn't own any other Apple products. Yes, both her daughters keep telling her to get an iPhone. But Red hates touch screens, so getting her to switch from her Blackberry (which she loves due to its keyboard) would be a huge change and nothing that will happen in the near future.

So, initially, it didn't make any difference to Red whether Apple stores are open or closed. Until Black pointed out that throughout the pandemic, Apple had opened and closed stores around the world depending on local conditions, so this was a milestone for Apple. And an indicator that Apple thinks the worst is behind us. However, Black couldn't help but add one more thought,

Apple has advised that just because its stores are open does not mean they are fully open for walk-ins. It may require an appointment. Hmmm … make an appointment to spend money shopping in person versus just doing it online in your PJs …?

In a promise to “never forget” we’re rerunning our 2021 post so that we always remember …

September 11 is a date on the calendar, but "9/11" is a date in history.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Much like JFK's assassination was to an older generation (although Black's old enough to be included), we both remember exactly what we were doing when we first heard the news of the attacks on the Twin Towers, Pentagon, and Flight 93; but, interestingly, how we reflect on 9/11 is a bit of a role reversal.

Keep Reading ...Show less