Last year, it was a day of despair and disbelief, but also one of hope and pride … this year, the feelings of hope and pride seem to have disappeared.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: If possible, the concerns and feelings of despair and disbelief we had a year ago about the January 6 Capitol riots are even stronger today as there’s more video footage, photographs, and first-hand testimony. While there’s no denying there was bloodshed and lives lost at the Capitol, some may debate, usually influenced by their political beliefs, the ramifications of the day. But as Black alluded to when it first happened – you can’t help but question whether Democracy will prevail long-term … because last year, the world witnessed something most people would never have thought possible in the United States of America.

Today, there will be events and speeches commemorating this “Day of Infamy,” and we hope that, as the Speaker of the House stated in her Press Release about specific events at the Capitol,

These events are intended as an observance of reflection, remembrance, and recommitment, in a spirit of unity, patriotism, and prayerfulness.

In a promise to “never forget” we’re rerunning our 2021 post so that we always remember …

September 11 is a date on the calendar, but "9/11" is a date in history.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Much like JFK's assassination was to an older generation (although Black's old enough to be included), we both remember exactly what we were doing when we first heard the news of the attacks on the Twin Towers, Pentagon, and Flight 93; but, interestingly, how we reflect on 9/11 is a bit of a role reversal.

Keep Reading ...Show less