Want good customer service? Good behavior is a good start.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up hearing the expression "the customer is always right," and Red certainly agreed with it; and while Black understood the customer service aspect of it, she did question its impact on employees (why would you "automatically" side with a customer over an employee without knowing the details). And that was before the pandemic changed everything, but especially customer behavior.

Until recently, Red didn't think much about why the customer was "always right," but it reminded her of years ago when Black shared her amusing (or, at least, to Red) version of the Golden Rule, "He who has the gold, rules. "So, wouldn't that also apply to customers? Wouldn't a happy customer be a loyal customer?

As much as Black wanted to get into all the reasons why the cliché of the customer always being right didn't make sense, or even that the concept evolved into focusing on positive customer experiences (the pandemic has resulted in some positive changes and trends), she realized that customers' combative behavior is hurting us all, so what needs to be said is,

I get it. Everyone, myself included, is tired of the pandemic and the associated "politics". Emotions are running high, and tolerance and patience are running low. However, none of that is an excuse for rude or aggressive behavior. The customer is not only not always right. But, can be flat-out wrong. Full stop.

Of course, Red, although not trying to minimize the impact of Black's statement, couldn't help but think of a scene in a movie (a car-related one, no less),

One of my favorite scenes from "Ford vs. Ferrari" is when a rather rude and obnoxious customer tells Christian Bale's character (who's British) that "in this country, the customer is always right" and Bale replies, "yeah, bunch of nonsense."

We'll keep this simple and to-the-point … Happy Thanksgiving!

Is it even possible to have a single Thanksgiving favorite? Some have many – some have none!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Red always looks forward to Thanksgiving, not just because she loves having everyone around her dining room table, but because she enjoys so much of the food; while Black tolerates the food and tries to forget that she's not a fan of "forced celebrations", especially this year's double hit as Thanksgiving falls on her birthday.

Of course, Red does all the cooking, not just because she enjoys it but because that way, she's guaranteed to get her favorites – cranberry sauce and cornbread stuffing. She enjoys the food so much that a few times a year she'll make a turkey dinner, but with much fewer side dishes.

Black, on the other hand, doesn't have any Thanksgiving favorites, unless you count a baked yam, which is nothing special as she makes them in the microwave year-round. But she does miss the years they used to go to the Omni Hotel for its amazing Thanksgiving buffet, and she could avoid all the traditional foods,

Some people love to make turkey and all the fixings. I prefer to make dinner reservations.

A movie with murder, designer clothing, amazing locations, sex, and money. Who needs the popcorn?! (Besides Red.)

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Red loves going to the movies – sometimes because of the story, other times it could be the actors or director, but always for the popcorn; while Black's very discerning when it comes to "investing" a few hours to sit in a movie theater … but we both want to see "House Of Gucci."

Keep Reading ... Show less