Welcome! You've arrived during our soft launch … and we're thrilled you're here, but hope you'll understand that we have so much content – and not enough hours in the day (good thing Black works all the time, as she's the one loading everything). Check back as we promise to have new content in this section ASAP.

Curious to see what we've already loaded? Search on the phrase "Launch Box."

Want "Red & Black Banter" in your inbox? Sign-up on the "sticky bar" at the bottom of this page!

DAY 8: We started to call our Videos section "Retro" because initially it will only contain videos created by a high school senior back when we keynoted at YES Prep High School in 2012. (We hope to get all eight of them posted in the next few weeks.)

However, since Black's notorious for looking ahead and working backward, we decided "Videos" would be more accurate … as we have an assortment of ideas for future videos, not to mention interviews and presentations that can be edited into short videos or snippets. (Red's daughter, Sawyer, hopes to make a career in film editing, so this might be a great project for her.)

Although Black prefers to look forward, tomorrow we'll be looking back as we introduce our "Memory Lane" section.

Their story began with the unthinkable calamity of Red's husband being fired. In a panic over her perceived impending financial doom, Red turned to her sister, Black, for a major dose of sisterly sympathy. Instead, Black took her sister back to the basics. – Stacey White, Economics/Social Studies Teacher

RED & BLACK: Who Are Red & Black?

Not only does he answer that question, but he includes a very unusual family tree to do so in "Who Are Red & Black?"

Curious about the back story on this student-created video?

In 2012, the seniors at YES Prep Public Schools in Houston were reading What I Learned About Life When My Husband Got Fired!, and invited us to be the keynote speakers at their Senior Summit. The theme was "Life Is A Journey" and we used our own personal journeys, as well as the "story" of Red & Black, to talk about many important life lessons.

When one of the seniors, who wanted to pursue a career in media production, learned that the presentation was videotaped by YES Prep, he asked permission to create an assortment of YouTube videos using excerpts from the keynote presentation. Of course, we were flattered and said, "Yes." (Thank you, Aurelio – for asking, and for producing such great videos!)

Stay tuned as we'll be posting more of his videos. Or, better yet, register on the "sticky bar" at the bottom of the page and we'll keep you updated!