Unfortunately, "never forget" now applies to a home-grown American tragedy. And once you watch these videos, it will be even harder to forget.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: There's no question we could debate amongst ourselves (especially since Black thinks of debate as a sport) about various aspects of former President Trump's second impeachment trial.

But regardless of the end result, we're all being impacted by the videos that are being shown. Yes, they're being presented by the Democrats as a way to show the violence and chaos of January 6, but neither party can deny it's far more than courtroom positioning as it shows the very symbol of American democracy, the Capitol, being besieged. And not by foreign enemies but American insurgents.

Red started to use her theater degree to explain to Black why the new videos were so powerful, but almost immediately found herself overwhelmed by their emotional impact. Even though she had seen much of the video already, it had never been put together in quite this way. Black, as pragmatic and non-emotional as she is, has no shortage of words about the events of January 6, what led up to it, and the trial itself.

But we both agree that as we watch each new video we're struck by the power of words and images, yet we know that it's critical to remember the videos started with raw footage. And we shouldn't overlook the raw emotion being expressed by members of Congress who were there as it happened.

In a promise to “never forget” we’re rerunning our 2021 post so that we always remember …

September 11 is a date on the calendar, but "9/11" is a date in history.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Much like JFK's assassination was to an older generation (although Black's old enough to be included), we both remember exactly what we were doing when we first heard the news of the attacks on the Twin Towers, Pentagon, and Flight 93; but, interestingly, how we reflect on 9/11 is a bit of a role reversal.

Keep Reading ...Show less