Unfortunately, "never forget" now applies to a home-grown American tragedy. And once you watch these videos, it will be even harder to forget.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: There's no question we could debate amongst ourselves (especially since Black thinks of debate as a sport) about various aspects of former President Trump's second impeachment trial.

But regardless of the end result, we're all being impacted by the videos that are being shown. Yes, they're being presented by the Democrats as a way to show the violence and chaos of January 6, but neither party can deny it's far more than courtroom positioning as it shows the very symbol of American democracy, the Capitol, being besieged. And not by foreign enemies but American insurgents.

Red started to use her theater degree to explain to Black why the new videos were so powerful, but almost immediately found herself overwhelmed by their emotional impact. Even though she had seen much of the video already, it had never been put together in quite this way. Black, as pragmatic and non-emotional as she is, has no shortage of words about the events of January 6, what led up to it, and the trial itself.

But we both agree that as we watch each new video we're struck by the power of words and images, yet we know that it's critical to remember the videos started with raw footage. And we shouldn't overlook the raw emotion being expressed by members of Congress who were there as it happened.

It's hard not to have an opinion about this year's Olympics, but can we all agree that the athletes represent strength, perseverance, and hope?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: The Olympics is the world's largest sporting event, and although it seems that history occurs both on and off the "field", it's safe to say that the Olympics means very different things to different people (especially us).

Keep Reading ... Show less

The "space race" used to be about countries competing … now, it's billionaires.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up in the 1960s when space exploration was in its infancy and space travel was left to the imagination of television show and movie writers; but since one of us was a theater major and the other studied business, it's not surprising we had very different reactions to the recent flights.

Keep Reading ... Show less

Coffee MAY reduce the risk of getting COVID-19, but masks, social distancing, and taking the vaccine WILL!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Both of us are habitual coffee drinkers, so were curious about the potential benefits of our favorite beverage to lower the risk of contracting COVID-19, although our initial reactions to the study were (of course) very different.

Keep Reading ... Show less