Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

So, how do you plan to explain the Words & Banter section? On the surface, it may appear as a hodge-podge of items. About an assortment of topics. Things that don't fit nice and neatly in specific categories.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Are you describing this section? Or, life?

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

I should've known that you'd answer my question with a question.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

How long have I been your sister? By now, you should be used to it.

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

True. Just like you should be used to my blah-blah-blah.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Which explains why we never have a shortage of Words … or sisterly Banter.

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

That, and the fact you always seem to have a different point of view or perspective on any given topic.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

We are sisters – not clones.

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

Well, sometimes I think you're a Vulcan. Anyway, should we mention that we expect the Words & Banter section to have something new almost every day? And that it's where our monthly newspaper columns will appear?

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

You just did.

Want to be the first to see new content? Register on the "sticky bar" at the bottom of the page.

Photo by mevans on iStock

red head red head assets.rebelmouse.io

Did you know that April's Autism Awareness Month? I wasn't aware (pun intended) of it until I read our local homeowner's monthly newsletter and it caught my eye.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Actually, last month the founding organization, the Autism Society, changed "Awareness" to "Acceptance" to foster inclusivity, as knowing about something is very different from accepting it. But I am guessing that is not the point of this call.

red head red head assets.rebelmouse.io

Although it isn't autism, it reminded me of years ago when we found out that Natasha has learning disabilities.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

I think you mean DIFF-abilities.

red head red head assets.rebelmouse.io

Of course, that's another thing I remember. I was focused on the negative aspects of her diagnosis until you asked me, point-blank, "Why are they called disabilities?" And proceeded to explain that everyone has different strengths and weaknesses.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Exactly! Imagine the world if everyone excelled at math, but flunked English. Or, a world of lawyers, but no musicians. Some people are better at social skills, while others excel at handling technical data. Why not just say that people who have different skillsets and abilities have DIFF-abilities versus making them feel like they have shortcomings?

Well, the Oprah interview with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle was over a month ago, but I still see plenty of articles about it. It's really "stirred up" things in the Royal Family.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Well, I guess it put "a bee in the royal bonnet." Although, I would not believe everything you read. Right after the interview, I read several articles suggesting the monarchy should end with Queen Elizabeth. I cannot imagine that happening.

red head red head assets.rebelmouse.io

Oh, that isn't anything new. It's been going on for a long time; there was even talk of it when I lived in England decades ago. All the interview did was further encourage those who are already advocating it.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, but as I said in our Banter Bite, Talk About Getting The Royal Treatment, the Royal Family does seem to have "issues" in terms of race relations and dealing with mental illness. I can understand why people are questioning whether the monarchy, with its "old-fashioned" traditions and beliefs, is still relevant.

red head red head assets.rebelmouse.io

But it's not like that's the only place those issues exist. Just pick up a newspaper, turn on the news – it's everywhere! Unfortunately, the Oprah interview put a very public face on it – The Royal Family, or The Firm, which is how the family and institution refers to itself.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Who nicknames themselves The Firm? It sounds like a Netflix series, but with less class than " The Crown."
Keep Reading ... Show less