Today's inauguration will he historic in many ways, including the range of emotions that will be felt … Excitement and apprehension. Pride and sorrow. And hopefully, hope for us all.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We're not sure this has a backstory, unless you count over 230 years of history. Or, the conversations between Red and Black (yes, we know we need to do podcasts), who once again have very different ways of looking at things, including the presidential inauguration. Red has a bunch of mixed emotions – excitement, fear, pride, sadness – and focused on all the details of the day, including how different this inauguration's going to be in almost every way from previous inaugurations. Plus, how excited she is that her daughters will see the inauguration of our country's first female Vice President.

Black, on the other hand, is more pragmatic. She takes her usual long-term, big picture approach combined with a very different way of looking at things. After all, how else would you explain her comparing an inauguration to a wedding?!

In a promise to “never forget” we’re rerunning our 2021 post so that we always remember …

September 11 is a date on the calendar, but "9/11" is a date in history.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Much like JFK's assassination was to an older generation (although Black's old enough to be included), we both remember exactly what we were doing when we first heard the news of the attacks on the Twin Towers, Pentagon, and Flight 93; but, interestingly, how we reflect on 9/11 is a bit of a role reversal.

Keep Reading ...Show less