Today's inauguration will he historic in many ways, including the range of emotions that will be felt … Excitement and apprehension. Pride and sorrow. And hopefully, hope for us all.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We're not sure this has a backstory, unless you count over 230 years of history. Or, the conversations between Red and Black (yes, we know we need to do podcasts), who once again have very different ways of looking at things, including the presidential inauguration. Red has a bunch of mixed emotions – excitement, fear, pride, sadness – and focused on all the details of the day, including how different this inauguration's going to be in almost every way from previous inaugurations. Plus, how excited she is that her daughters will see the inauguration of our country's first female Vice President.

Black, on the other hand, is more pragmatic. She takes her usual long-term, big picture approach combined with a very different way of looking at things. After all, how else would you explain her comparing an inauguration to a wedding?!

It's hard not to have an opinion about this year's Olympics, but can we all agree that the athletes represent strength, perseverance, and hope?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: The Olympics is the world's largest sporting event, and although it seems that history occurs both on and off the "field", it's safe to say that the Olympics means very different things to different people (especially us).

Keep Reading ... Show less

The "space race" used to be about countries competing … now, it's billionaires.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up in the 1960s when space exploration was in its infancy and space travel was left to the imagination of television show and movie writers; but since one of us was a theater major and the other studied business, it's not surprising we had very different reactions to the recent flights.

Keep Reading ... Show less

Coffee MAY reduce the risk of getting COVID-19, but masks, social distancing, and taking the vaccine WILL!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Both of us are habitual coffee drinkers, so were curious about the potential benefits of our favorite beverage to lower the risk of contracting COVID-19, although our initial reactions to the study were (of course) very different.

Keep Reading ... Show less