True or False? The clock strikes midnight on December 31. It's a new year. Everything's better.

Photo by htomas for iStock

What can I tell you? When I was a kid, one of my all-time favorite things to do was … clean the toilet. Yes, you read that correctly. And it wasn’t because I was a germophobe or a clean freak. I just loved being able to sit on the floor, using as much Bon Ami (I’ve no idea why I remember the brand) cleaning powder as I wanted. And the best part? All those bubbles!

It kept me entertained for hours. Not to mention, my mom was thrilled because it kept me “contained” and out of her hair. So much so that if I was very good and behaved myself, she might even give me “special permission” to clean the toilet in my parent’s bathroom. Of course, Black, being five years older and understanding the situation, found it all extremely amusing. Even now, decades later, she still gives me grief about it,

Keep Reading ...Show less

More than just money, about everyday living. How you deal with everyday situations. Focuses on money, but focuses on everyday situation you're put in. NO matter what – Red was ready to throw in the towel, Black was there for her, push her sister along, sometimes that's what you need. Keep walking through your struggles, don't give up. Live your life, no matter what life throws at you.– Robert G.

This may be one of the corniest things you’ll ever read.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: It’s just a vegetable, so how can it possibly elicit such a strong reaction from Red, while, for Black, it’s more a source of amusement and even, it turns out, admiration?

Keep Reading ...Show less