It's possible the most poignant and bittersweet inauguration ceremony won't actually take place at the inauguration.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Black was surprised to discover that Red, a student of history who's been watching the news more often than she ever has before, wasn't aware that President-Elect Biden had announced that on the eve of his inauguration there will be a nationwide tribute to remember and honor the lives lost to COVID-19. (Black stays on top of the news thanks to Axios, and got the scoop on Red via this Axios post.) But once Red learned about it, she felt an unexpected mixture of gratitude and patriotism, and although she found it difficult to explain to Black exactly why, she knew that it was destined to be a poignant and powerful ceremony.

It's hard not to have an opinion about this year's Olympics, but can we all agree that the athletes represent strength, perseverance, and hope?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: The Olympics is the world's largest sporting event, and although it seems that history occurs both on and off the "field", it's safe to say that the Olympics means very different things to different people (especially us).

Keep Reading ... Show less

The "space race" used to be about countries competing … now, it's billionaires.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up in the 1960s when space exploration was in its infancy and space travel was left to the imagination of television show and movie writers; but since one of us was a theater major and the other studied business, it's not surprising we had very different reactions to the recent flights.

Keep Reading ... Show less

Coffee MAY reduce the risk of getting COVID-19, but masks, social distancing, and taking the vaccine WILL!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Both of us are habitual coffee drinkers, so were curious about the potential benefits of our favorite beverage to lower the risk of contracting COVID-19, although our initial reactions to the study were (of course) very different.

Keep Reading ... Show less