Sure hope it has a better ending than the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme ("all the king's horses and all the king's men, couldn't put Humpty together again").

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: As if the news isn't bad enough, Black sent Red an Axios article about a very stark poll. And while Red found the summary scary and stopped right there, Black dove into the statistics found in the associated Axios-Ipsos poll. But either way, this is one of those situations where common sense will get you to the same result as polls and crunching numbers.

It's hard not to have an opinion about this year's Olympics, but can we all agree that the athletes represent strength, perseverance, and hope?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: The Olympics is the world's largest sporting event, and although it seems that history occurs both on and off the "field", it's safe to say that the Olympics means very different things to different people (especially us).

Keep Reading ... Show less

The "space race" used to be about countries competing … now, it's billionaires.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up in the 1960s when space exploration was in its infancy and space travel was left to the imagination of television show and movie writers; but since one of us was a theater major and the other studied business, it's not surprising we had very different reactions to the recent flights.

Keep Reading ... Show less

Coffee MAY reduce the risk of getting COVID-19, but masks, social distancing, and taking the vaccine WILL!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Both of us are habitual coffee drinkers, so were curious about the potential benefits of our favorite beverage to lower the risk of contracting COVID-19, although our initial reactions to the study were (of course) very different.

Keep Reading ... Show less