OK, we have to give credit where credit is due … When Black first envisioned "Red & Black" (before she even let Red know that she was turning her crisis into a book – a brand – a business), she thought it could be a sitcom. Because all successful sitcoms are relationship based. However, years later, at a meeting with Hasbro, they said they thought our concept for a sitcom would be better as animation. So, thank you Hasbro!

We've been working with an amazing animation firm based in Austin, and from the start – beginning with character development – we felt like they "got us" and captured our personalities in our animated "creatures." But we never realized the incredible amount of work entailed in creating animation! Which explains the long lead-time between concept/script and final product.

We'll be releasing a wide assortment of animated videos – many of them stories that people seem to love (or at least seem entertained by) at speaking engagements as well as those developed for the Greater Houston Partnership's UpSkill Houston initiative (that are also being used by the City of Houston).

Want to be the first to see new videos? Register on the "sticky bar" at the bottom of the page.

P.S. – For those of you who've met us or seen us at speaking engagements, we'd love to know if you think the animators have accurately captured us! (You can email us at Banter@RedandBlackBooks.com.)

RED+BLACK - Me ... An Office Manager?

Black has frequently told Red that her "Mom skills" are extremely valuable in the workplace.

Curious about the "Back Story" to our animation teasers? Red's daughter, Sawyer, told us we needed to do some very short animated "teasers" … so Black said, "Great. You want to work in video production. Take the final working versions of our animation and start creating them!" So, she did!

P.S. – For those of you who've met us or seen us at speaking engagements, we'd love to know if you think the animators have accurately captured us! (You can email us at Banter@RedandBlackBooks.com.)

RED+BLACK - Your Family's Your Team

In honor of Father's Day, we posted "Just Three Words But So Important … Happy Father's Day," but we also wanted to re-post "Your Family's Your Team" in honor of our dad. He would've rolled his eyes at Red needing a reminder about this, especially because when we were growing up, he (not our mom) was the one making THE best spaghetti dinners at least once a week.

Curious about the "Back Story" to our animation teasers? Red's daughter, Sawyer, told us we needed to do some very short animated "teasers" … so Black said, "Great. You want to work in video production. Take the final working versions of our animation and start creating them!" So, she did!

P.S. – For those of you who've met us or seen us at speaking engagements, we'd love to know if you think the animators have accurately captured us! (You can email us at Banter@RedandBlackBooks.com.)

RED+BLACK -Drowning In A Sea Of Paper

In her usual theatrical fashion, Red laments about piles of paper. Maybe she needs to re-read the Too Much Paper – Not Enough Time excerpt from our book.