OK, we have to give credit where credit is due … When Black first envisioned "Red & Black" (before she even let Red know that she was turning her crisis into a book – a brand – a business), she thought it could be a sitcom. Because all successful sitcoms are relationship based. However, years later, at a meeting with Hasbro, they said they thought our concept for a sitcom would be better as animation. So, thank you Hasbro!

We've been working with an amazing animation firm based in Austin, and from the start – beginning with character development – we felt like they "got us" and captured our personalities in our animated "creatures." But we never realized the incredible amount of work entailed in creating animation! Which explains the long lead-time between concept/script and final product.

We'll be releasing a wide assortment of animated videos – many of them stories that people seem to love (or at least seem entertained by) at speaking engagements as well as those developed for the Greater Houston Partnership's UpSkill Houston initiative (that are also being used by the City of Houston).

Want to be the first to see new videos? Register on the "sticky bar" at the bottom of the page.

P.S. – For those of you who've met us or seen us at speaking engagements, we'd love to know if you think the animators have accurately captured us! (You can email us at Banter@RedandBlackBooks.com.)

RED+BLACK - Can You Add & Subtract?

Don’t you hate when sarcasm and the truth are one and the same? Well, Black would argue that she wasn’t being sarcastic (at least not this time) because all you really need are these two basic math skills “to do” personal finance. Now, sarcasm aside, Red thinks it’s the best, and easiest to understand, money management tip she’s ever received.

Curious about the “Back Story” to our animation teasers? Red’s daughter, Sawyer, told us we needed to do some very short animated “teasers” … so Black said, “Great. You want to work in video production. Take the final working versions of our animation and start creating them!” So, she did!

P.S. – For those of you who've met us or seen us at speaking engagements, we'd love to know if you think the animators have accurately captured us! (You can email us at Banter@RedandBlackBooks.com.)

RED+BLACK - Big Sister ... Big Help!

In honor of National Siblings Day, we’re “nice” to each other – for the day. (For Red, that means saying something warm and fuzzy, but we all know Black will still be sarcastic.) And even though siblings know how to annoy one another (that’s part of their job description!), it’s good to know they’re there when you need them. And Red will admit that when it comes to life (and especially money), Black’s advice and guidance is, to quote a famous MasterCard ad campaign, priceless.

Curious about the "Back Story" to our animation teasers? Red's daughter, Sawyer, told us we needed to do some very short animated "teasers" … so Black said, "Great. You want to work in video production. Take the final working versions of our animation and start creating them!" So, she did!

P.S. – For those of you who've met us or seen us at speaking engagements, we'd love to know if you think the animators have accurately captured us! (You can email us at Banter@RedandBlackBooks.com.)

RED+BLACK - Unusual Family Tree

All women can be role models and make a difference – whether you are a stay-at-home mom or a Ferrari-racing retired corporate executive, although we know which one probably gets more attention.