A modest man with a humble beginning who was as comfortable talking with presidents and kings, rock stars and politicians, as he was with total unknowns. A truly amazing talent with an equally amazing career.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We're not sure that there's anything more we can say about Larry King that hasn't been said, and by sources that are far more qualified than we are. (Although Black once had the honor of talking with him on the telephone.) From the CNN tribute to the icon who taped more than 6,000 episodes of his show on their network, to AP News covering his life as well as tributes from around the world. There are countless tributes and articles being written about this truly one-of-a-kind broadcast interviewer. But was he really an interviewer? Well, technically, yes. But we feel that he was really more of a broadcast conversationalist. We dare you to watch any Larry King show (here's a Vanity Fair tribute listing some of his most memorable) and not feel like you're eavesdropping on a conversation.

It's hard not to have an opinion about this year's Olympics, but can we all agree that the athletes represent strength, perseverance, and hope?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: The Olympics is the world's largest sporting event, and although it seems that history occurs both on and off the "field", it's safe to say that the Olympics means very different things to different people (especially us).

Keep Reading ... Show less

The "space race" used to be about countries competing … now, it's billionaires.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up in the 1960s when space exploration was in its infancy and space travel was left to the imagination of television show and movie writers; but since one of us was a theater major and the other studied business, it's not surprising we had very different reactions to the recent flights.

Keep Reading ... Show less

Coffee MAY reduce the risk of getting COVID-19, but masks, social distancing, and taking the vaccine WILL!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Both of us are habitual coffee drinkers, so were curious about the potential benefits of our favorite beverage to lower the risk of contracting COVID-19, although our initial reactions to the study were (of course) very different.

Keep Reading ... Show less