Be real. 100 days is less than a football or basketball season.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Ok, talk about a challenge. How do you write a backstory where there really isn't a backstory? Yes, President Biden initiated a 100-Day Mask Initiative, but we didn't want to bore you with Black's explanation to Red about why he couldn't make it a national mandate. Yes, Red thinks the initiative's a great idea and, being a straight-A student, is happy to take the challenge, especially since she wears a mask anyway, but so does Black, the discipline problem. Yes, Black can do a risk-reward analysis and point out how the risks associated with not wearing a mask far outweigh the inconvenience of wearing one.

But are any of those truly a backstory? Probably not. But it really doesn't matter, does it? What does matter is … WEAR A MASK!

In a promise to “never forget” we’re rerunning our 2021 post so that we always remember …

September 11 is a date on the calendar, but "9/11" is a date in history.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Much like JFK's assassination was to an older generation (although Black's old enough to be included), we both remember exactly what we were doing when we first heard the news of the attacks on the Twin Towers, Pentagon, and Flight 93; but, interestingly, how we reflect on 9/11 is a bit of a role reversal.

Keep Reading ...Show less