Be real. 100 days is less than a football or basketball season.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Ok, talk about a challenge. How do you write a backstory where there really isn't a backstory? Yes, President Biden initiated a 100-Day Mask Initiative, but we didn't want to bore you with Black's explanation to Red about why he couldn't make it a national mandate. Yes, Red thinks the initiative's a great idea and, being a straight-A student, is happy to take the challenge, especially since she wears a mask anyway, but so does Black, the discipline problem. Yes, Black can do a risk-reward analysis and point out how the risks associated with not wearing a mask far outweigh the inconvenience of wearing one.

But are any of those truly a backstory? Probably not. But it really doesn't matter, does it? What does matter is … WEAR A MASK!

As voters, should we care whether people on the ballot are mentally capable of holding the job?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: It's probably safe to say that most of us, including Red, think of old age and its implications in a very personal way, either in terms of ourselves or loved ones. But not Black, who often says, "Aging beats the alternative," and looked at retirement from a business perspective, but now sees how it impacts all of us in terms of elected officials.

Keep Reading ... Show less

How do you look back at the "good 'ole days" if they happened before you were even born?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We read the same Axios story about "TikTok's nostalgia economy," and although the focus was "media trends" due to younger people using social media to both make fun of older people and also to flashback nostalgically, of course, we focused on very different aspects of the story.

Keep Reading ... Show less

Want good customer service? Good behavior is a good start.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up hearing the expression "the customer is always right," and Red certainly agreed with it; and while Black understood the customer service aspect of it, she did question its impact on employees (why would you "automatically" side with a customer over an employee without knowing the details). And that was before the pandemic changed everything, but especially customer behavior.

Until recently, Red didn't think much about why the customer was "always right," but it reminded her of years ago when Black shared her amusing (or, at least, to Red) version of the Golden Rule, "He who has the gold, rules. "So, wouldn't that also apply to customers? Wouldn't a happy customer be a loyal customer?

Keep Reading ... Show less