Be real. 100 days is less than a football or basketball season.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Ok, talk about a challenge. How do you write a backstory where there really isn't a backstory? Yes, President Biden initiated a 100-Day Mask Initiative, but we didn't want to bore you with Black's explanation to Red about why he couldn't make it a national mandate. Yes, Red thinks the initiative's a great idea and, being a straight-A student, is happy to take the challenge, especially since she wears a mask anyway, but so does Black, the discipline problem. Yes, Black can do a risk-reward analysis and point out how the risks associated with not wearing a mask far outweigh the inconvenience of wearing one.

But are any of those truly a backstory? Probably not. But it really doesn't matter, does it? What does matter is … WEAR A MASK!

It's hard not to have an opinion about this year's Olympics, but can we all agree that the athletes represent strength, perseverance, and hope?

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: The Olympics is the world's largest sporting event, and although it seems that history occurs both on and off the "field", it's safe to say that the Olympics means very different things to different people (especially us).

Keep Reading ... Show less

The "space race" used to be about countries competing … now, it's billionaires.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: We grew up in the 1960s when space exploration was in its infancy and space travel was left to the imagination of television show and movie writers; but since one of us was a theater major and the other studied business, it's not surprising we had very different reactions to the recent flights.

Keep Reading ... Show less

Coffee MAY reduce the risk of getting COVID-19, but masks, social distancing, and taking the vaccine WILL!

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Both of us are habitual coffee drinkers, so were curious about the potential benefits of our favorite beverage to lower the risk of contracting COVID-19, although our initial reactions to the study were (of course) very different.

Keep Reading ... Show less