We all know that when people post quotes or testimonials, it's often a marketing device. But the reality is getting feedback and insight is often what keeps Red going when she faces days of frustration (and piles of paper) with all the work of Red & Black being a start-up company. Every time someone tell her how her crisis, and how she learned to take control of her life, has helped them, it gives her a warm and fuzzy feeling. Black's response?

Great quote. Save it somewhere. And, make a note we need to create a form to make it easier for people to give us feedback – both positive and negative, as how else can we improve?

So, when creating the Don't Take Our Word section of the website, we thought about playing off our tagline "real sisters. real life." and calling it "real feedback." Which, as most things do, got us on a (slight) tangent about "why" (Black's favorite word) Red & Black is resonating with people. And, although that may become a post one day, it doesn't change the fact that we love hearing from those of you that have experienced Red & Black because you speak from a place of authenticity and credibility.

Looking back (which Red loves to do, while Black prefers looking forward), if we had realized the journey we were to take when Black turned Red's crisis into a brand, we'd have saved all the feedback in one place. And Black would have organized it! Instead, we often find it when looking for something else. It has come from "real people" who've looked to Red & Black for their own enjoyment, but also from individuals (educators and students) in school settings, as well as community and religious organizations. But some of the most eye-opening feedback has come from those in the criminal justice world – both on the "inside" and "outside".

Please be sure to sign-up on the "sticky bar" at the bottom of the page to be one of the first to receive our feedback form as we really do love hearing from you on all things Red & Black! Plus, you'll be the first to see new content!

I'm going to teach my grandchildren about tomorrow, not just about today, worry about tomorrow also. There is a tomorrow. Money wise. Think about it. Don't be like me. I don't want you to be stuck like me, like what I went through. I thought I was doing the right thing, being real cool, being somebody. I was a nobody. I want them to know there's a life out there to live. Don't want them to live my life. I don't want them to know this place. – Daniel C., Male Offender, Stringfellow Unit, TDCJ

You have helped set a strong foundation in our ability to become financially literate. – Brian S., High School Senior

The advice given by two wise women is the best advice someone can get. Thank you for taking the time from being a mommy and racing cars to help us with life. – Mariana R., High School Senior