RED+BLACK - Some Things Can't Be Changed

Today's Banter Bite, "Happy Senior Citizens Day," is in honor of National Senior Citizens Day, but we think Black's words of wisdom (or was it sarcasm?) in this teaser lends itself to the celebration. Some people think of the past in terms of "Woulda. Coulda. Shoulda." but she thinks of all the lessons we can learn from people who've "been there" and "done that."

Curious about the "Back Story" to our animation teasers? Red's daughter, Sawyer, told us we needed to do some very short animated "teasers" … so Black said, "Great. You want to work in video production. Take the final working versions of our animation and start creating them!" So, she did!

P.S. – For those of you who've met us or seen us at speaking engagements, we'd love to know if you think the animators have accurately captured us! (You can email us at Banter@RedandBlackBooks.com.)

RED+BLACK - When Did You First Learn About Money?

What's worse than admitting your age? For Red, admitting when you first learned about money. And financial literacy. But that may have been because she was over 40 years old (yes, you read that correctly!). However, you’re never too late to learn.

Curious about the "Back Story" to our animation teasers? Red's daughter, Sawyer, told us we needed to do some very short animated "teasers" … so Black said, "Great. You want to work in video production. Take the final working versions of our animation and start creating them!" So, she did!

P.S. – For those of you who've met us or seen us at speaking engagements, we'd love to know if you think the animators have accurately captured us! (You can email us at Banter@RedandBlackBooks.com.)

RED+BLACK - Translating Mom Responsibilities

Red never quite believes Black when she says “mom skills” are valuable workplace skills, but as Black continues to point out things like communication and teamwork, she’s beginning to see her point. Although Red wonders how her years of “playing” chauffeur and camp counselor would “translate” in the workplace.

Curious about the “Back Story” to our animation teasers? Red’s daughter, Sawyer, told us we needed to do some very short animated “teasers” … so Black said, “Great. You want to work in video production. Take the final working versions of our animation and start creating them!” So, she did!

P.S. – For those of you who've met us or seen us at speaking engagements, we'd love to know if you think the animators have accurately captured us! (You can email us at Banter@RedandBlackBooks.com.)

RED+BLACK - I Do What I Want To Do

If you don’t agree with someone, are you a contrarian or argumentative? If you stick to what you believe, are you stubborn or determined? Red has always found Black an interesting (at times, frustrating) mix of determination and independence. But ironically, for someone who typically avoids conflict, Red has seen how thinking something through, knowing your mind, and then being willing to act on it, even if it runs contrary to others’ beliefs or expectations, can be a good thing.