DAY 7: To include, or not to include, that was the question. Until we get around to creating a shopping cart (don't tell our accountants or attorneys, and definitely not our mom, as they all keep telling us we need to be focused on revenue), we debated whether to include excerpts from our bestselling book.

We finally decided you should NOT have to buy the book to enjoy or benefit from it, so we're going to publish excerpts that we hope you'll find useful or amusing. Or (ideally), both. So, check out Book Bites for the first of many excerpts we're going to post.

We also have ideas for four or five new books and already have outlines! Now we just need the time to actually write them – or a publisher to put us on a strict deadline. (Interested publishers, please contact Black!)

Watch what we have in store for you tomorrow … as the operative word is "Watch" because we'll be introducing our "Video" section.

So, stay tuned … as, yes, there's still more to come!

It started when Black sent Red a LinkedIn post about Louis Armstrong, asking her to "connect the dots" (one of Black's favorite things to do). Red knew that he was one of the most distinctive and talented jazz musicians in American history, but it was a complete surprise to learn that he had such a strong connection to a Jewish couple that immigrated from Lithuania and that he wore a Star of David for most of his life to honor them. That alone made it a "truth is stranger than fiction" story. The fact it's also a touching story about kindness and love makes this, at least for Red, even better than fiction.

Black, who prefers the pragmatic aspects of Armstrong's unusual journey – from being an impoverished black boy to an extraordinary career as a musician, singer, and composer – and sees it as a story of overcoming barriers, realizing your potential, and finding freedom (and she discloses an interesting connection between Armstrong and Independence Day).

Our July column, "RED & BLACK … The Sound Of Freedom," connects all those dots and is about so much more than surprising facts about Louis Armstrong. It's also about the power of music, inspiration, and hope, not to mention a very different way of looking at freedom.

Everyone laughs and wants to hear the story when I mention that I was recently "ghosted" by someone I had dated. What I find interesting is that ghosting has become so prevalent in today's society (and is not restricted to dating) that there is a term to describe the sudden "disappearance" of someone who wants to avoid all future contact with you.

Going back decades, I know there have been first dates that, at the time, I thought went well. But, after getting the "I'll call you" line … I never did. As a teenager, I can remember anxiously waiting for the phone (a landline tethered to the wall – and yes, I am that old) to ring, not wanting to go out and possibly miss the call. And, being very disappointed by the silence. Now, I cannot even remember who they were.

I still can't get over that LinkedIn post that you sent me about Louis Armstrong. I almost put it on my pile of things to "read later" as I'm not a huge fan of jazz, although I loved him in the movie "High Society" with Bing Crosby and Grace Kelly.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

I figured the subject line, "Connect these dots … Louis Armstrong," would pique your interest.

Red's Head assets.rebelmouse.io

Well, it did. Although when I first started reading it, I couldn't figure out what a Jewish family who immigrated from Lithuania had to do with one of the greatest jazz musicians of all time.
Keep Reading ... Show less