My sister races Ferraris and Porsches as a hobby. I go to the movies. So, I would say the most "interesting" fact about me is that I have Black as my sister! I could go on for pages with this sort of question but just one of many "amusing" facts about my sister is that her pantry looks like an ad from The Container Store. But be very careful before eating anything! Why? Because food items are put in beautifully arranged containers because the colors and textures look good, and have nothing to do with food that's actually eaten. And how did I discover this? Have you ever eaten a really rancid pretzel? I rest my case.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Besides the fact Red married my first fiancé? Or, that she once told me her husband would not talk to her, but that their stuffed animals sent her letters? Or, that as a child she played the harp naked?

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

Of course! Since I do all the cooking, I always get to have my favorites – cranberry sauce and corn bread stuffing! But a few years ago, I realized there wasn't any reason to wait for Thanksgiving to enjoy my favorites. So now I make a turkey dinner, but with way fewer side dishes, several times a year.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

My favorite Thanksgiving dish is sweet potatoes, but since I prefer them baked, I do not need a special occasion to make them in the microwave. However, this year I am home alone for Thanksgiving, so will skip the sweet potatoes and bring in sushi. Now, I am trying to figure out how to make it my new Thanksgiving tradition.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Luckily, you can still "see a smile" even behind a mask! So when I run errands I can still do what I've always done. But what I miss is giving a hug to people at Red & Black business meetings. Sending a "pretend" hug during a Zoom meeting just isn't the same.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Well, it should come as no surprise that I am not a hugger. So, I greet people by admitting, in a joking manner, that I have never been a hugger but now have an excuse.

That's easier said than done, and as you can see from our daily Banter Bites, my natural tendency is to freak out and overreact. And, I'll beat Black to the punch by admitting, "Yes, I'm finally using my Theater degree." But I often find that by either talking to Black (where she "forces" me to look at the situation pragmatically) or trying to guess what she'd say about a situation, it may not change my feelings of worry or being overwhelmed, but it does help me focus on what's within my control. And then I can, at least, try doing something about that.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

I think what she is trying to say is that we may not always be able to control things, but we can always control how we react.