Design by Sawyer Pennington

Red's HeadRed assets.rebelmouse.io

Looking back over the month of November, I'm having a hard time picking my favorite Banter Bites.

Black's HeadBlack assets.rebelmouse.io

You were a straight-A student, maybe you should just grade them.

In the early days of my "crisis", I was definitely an ostrich with my head in the sand. But to be honest, although I learned that this shouldn't be my default setting, it's still, given the opportunity, one of my preferred ways to escape. So, it's no surprise that in a month where politics and the coronavirus were reaching new heights of craziness, these were my favorites:
Curious about Black's favorites this month?

Ok, let’s be clear (pun intended) … Communication is critical. Whether in your personal life or in business, not to mention communication skills are transferable between the two (Black even suggested Red hold family “business” meetings). And what better time to work on how we communicate, and maybe even have a new attitude toward vocabulary and “50-cent words” (Red loves those, but terminology scares her!?), than during Effective Communications Month.

Talking isn't the same as communicating. And hearing isn't the same as listening. Think about it.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Being an effective communicator, whether in our personal lives or at work, is a critical skill but one-size-doesn't-fit-all as we each use very different methods and styles … ranging from lots of words and talking stuffed animals (Red) to bullet points and racing flags (Black).

Keep Reading ...Show less

Most workaholics can rationalize working all the time. At least to themselves.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: “Gizmos” already blurred the lines between the workweek and the weekend, but the WFH (working from home) “revolution” caused by the pandemic has destroyed the line; except for people like Black, who have always treated every day as a workday.

Keep Reading ...Show less

We all “celebrate” Memorial Day differently, but we all should remember it’s a day to honor those who gave their lives serving this country.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: Memorial Day may be the unofficial start of summer, and Red remembers celebrating over the years with family get-togethers, barbeques, and pool parties; whereas Black “celebrates” most holidays by having a quiet day to work uninterrupted, but it’s important never to forget the significance of the holiday.

Keep Reading ...Show less