You could do what I do with Black, pick and choose your arguments, especially since in my case I know that I'll rarely "win" – and by that, I mean get her to change her mind and see it my way (ha-ha). So, it's not really an argument as much it's a conversation, which is a very different thing.

Plus, because I'm the queen of the disclaimer, I also always state up front that things are just my thoughts or opinion, not right or wrong (although, like most people, I feel like I'm right). I'm not sure the disclaimer makes a difference to her, but it makes me feel better.

Finally, I've learned the hard way that sometimes she'll debate an issue just for the sport of it, or to get me to really think through my position by asking me to explain WHY I'm thinking (or believe) what I do. Which means, sometimes I have no idea what she's actually thinking without point-blank asking her.

Did any of this make any sense? Or help?

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

I am not sure I am the right person to answer this question, as I will disagree with someone just for the fun of trying to get them to see it my way. Even if I am taking the position opposite of what I believe. Although, I will admit that it does help me better understand other perspectives. (Maybe arguments should be turned into games where everyone has to switch sides.)

My advice to you? Recognize that everyone forms their opinions based on the circumstances of their life. So, decide if you want to spend your time with them trying to change them or what they believe – or just trying to understand the WHY behind their views … about politics and life. And, remember, understanding is very different from agreeing.

If you do find yourself in a serious argument – it should not be a dual to the bitter end. At some point, you may need to agree to disagree. Or, just change the subject.

As much of a history buff as I am, I'm embarrassed to admit that I didn't know there was a Women's History Month! What makes it worse is that I have two daughters. So, I guess this year I'll be "celebrating" (thanks to your question) by learning more about it; and I've already checked out History.com and there are so many inspirational stories. (I wonder if Black being the first woman to race the road course at Indianapolis Motor Speedway will make any "women's history" lists?! I know the effect it's had on girls of all ages at our speaking engagements.) In fact, I may celebrate by reading a different story about women in history every day – but that'll take way longer than a month.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

I hope that Red will involve her daughters in her "celebration" and maybe even ask them to find some stories they think worth sharing as I believe that "women helping women" is one of the best ways to celebrate Women's History Month. I have found it can be as simple as sharing motivational stories, offering words of praise and encouragement, or taking it the next step and becoming a mentor. Also, make it a point to seek out women-owned businesses. Men have helped men for years (centuries), and given how much money women put into the economy, imagine if we took the same approach.

I know that in the scheme of things it's nothing, so I hate to complain, but I'll admit that I miss going to the movies. And I miss the popcorn even more! Yes, I know that some theaters are opened and have COVID precautions in place, but I'm just not ready.

Instead, I've been trying to have "movie night" at home. There's lots of good cable programming available and there always seems to be more shows than I have time to watch. So, I choose one, make it a point to "schedule" it (as if I'm going out to the movies), pop multiple bags of microwave popcorn, and make it clear that no one is to bother me. It's not quite the same, but being wrapped up in my comfy comforter, on my comfortable bed, with hot popcorn isn't a bad second option.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

I am glad you directed this to Red, as I rarely watch movies (in theaters or at home). Although, I am feeling the fallout of Red not being able to hit a "reset" button by escaping to the movies. Now, if you had asked about how the movie industry is adapting to record losses due to the pandemic, I could have gone into detail about its forced creativity. For example, renting out individuals theaters for private events starting at as little as $99 (of course, it is a function of the movie selected).

Initially, by watching my youngest daughter, although 18, acting like a little kid again. She couldn't wait to go out in the snow (although I told her it was more like icy sleet with an inch or two of dusty snow on top) and take photos (for social media, of course). And build what I think was the world's smallest (and cutest) snowman. Her pure joy and excitement made me realize how important it is to see the best in any given situation. (At that point, we still had power although it was heartbreaking to see how many people were already without power, and I knew we might be next.)

The next day, in the middle of the night, we joined the growing number of people (millions!) without power. And although we had done our best to prepare for this possibility, it's still a shock, especially when temperatures are well below freezing. But the funny thing is when I now look back, I don't remember the difficult parts. I remember sitting around a table, dressed as if we were Bernie Sanders at the inauguration, initially playing Trouble and then what became a game of Monopoly that lasted days. (I didn't mention it to Black, figuring I'd get a business analysis of board games.)

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

I live in a Houston high-rise that whenever the wind blows, we seem to lose power. So, I was not surprised to find we had lost power at 2 a.m. Monday morning, but I was shocked to see all the snow. And, although I briefly enjoyed the beauty and peacefulness of the blanket of white, knew the fact my condo has huge windows (and no window coverings) meant the temperature would start dropping very quickly. There is a hotel down the street and I was able to get a room, so I counted my blessings. Not because I was able to get a room (by lunchtime, there were none left), but because I had the luxury of being able to escape to a hotel when I knew most people were not as fortunate and had limited, if any, other options.