Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Their story began with the unthinkable calamity of Red's husband being fired. In a panic over her perceived impending financial doom, Red turned to her sister, Black, for a major dose of sisterly sympathy. Instead, Black took her sister back to the basics. – Stacey White, Economics/Social Studies Teacher

RED & BLACK: Who Are Red & Black?

Not only does he answer that question, but he includes a very unusual family tree to do so in "Who Are Red & Black?"

Curious about the back story on this student-created video?

In 2012, the seniors at YES Prep Public Schools in Houston were reading What I Learned About Life When My Husband Got Fired!, and invited us to be the keynote speakers at their Senior Summit. The theme was "Life Is A Journey" and we used our own personal journeys, as well as the "story" of Red & Black, to talk about many important life lessons.

When one of the seniors, who wanted to pursue a career in media production, learned that the presentation was videotaped by YES Prep, he asked permission to create an assortment of YouTube videos using excerpts from the keynote presentation. Of course, we were flattered and said, "Yes." (Thank you, Aurelio – for asking, and for producing such great videos!)

Stay tuned as we'll be posting more of his videos. Or, better yet, register on the "sticky bar" at the bottom of the page and we'll keep you updated!

Well, the only upside to an active 2020 storm season is that we're learning the Greek alphabet.

Curious about the naming of storms? Check out this Time magazine article.