I feel like I am about to prove how old I am … it was in the gymnasium of a local school, but I cannot remember which one. But, I do remember the voting booth had a large handle that allowed me to close a curtain so I could vote in privacy, and the machine itself had small individual levers for the actual voting.

    Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

    Why am I not surprised that your memory's about the physical act of voting? I remember the mix of emotions I was feeling. I was proud of the right to vote, yet felt a sense of civic responsibility. And being a straight-A student, I was worried about making the right choices.

    Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

    That's easier said than done, and as you can see from our daily Banter Bites, my natural tendency is to freak out and overreact. And, I'll beat Black to the punch by admitting, "Yes, I'm finally using my Theater degree." But I often find that by either talking to Black (where she "forces" me to look at the situation pragmatically) or trying to guess what she'd say about a situation, it may not change my feelings of worry or being overwhelmed, but it does help me focus on what's within my control. And then I can, at least, try doing something about that.

    Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

    I think what she is trying to say is that we may not always be able to control things, but we can always control how we react.

    That's easy! My two beautiful daughters.

    Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

    That I recognize I have so much to be thankful for …

    I do not look to others; my inspiration is self-generated.

    Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

    My daughters, as they make me want to do better and be better.