Videos

A Student Answers The Question – “Who Are Red & Black?”

A Student Answers The Question – “Who Are Red & Black?”
RED & BLACK: Who Are Red & Black?

Not only does he answer that question, but he includes a very unusual family tree to do so in "Who Are Red & Black?"

Curious about the back story on this student-created video?

In 2012, the seniors at YES Prep Public Schools in Houston were reading What I Learned About Life When My Husband Got Fired!, and invited us to be the keynote speakers at their Senior Summit. The theme was "Life Is A Journey" and we used our own personal journeys, as well as the "story" of Red & Black, to talk about many important life lessons.

When one of the seniors, who wanted to pursue a career in media production, learned that the presentation was videotaped by YES Prep, he asked permission to create an assortment of YouTube videos using excerpts from the keynote presentation. Of course, we were flattered and said, "Yes." (Thank you, Aurelio – for asking, and for producing such great videos!)

Stay tuned as we'll be posting more of his videos. Or, better yet, register on the "sticky bar" at the bottom of the page and we'll keep you updated!

Want To Learn How To Race At Indy?
RED & BLACK: Life Is Like A Racetrack

This is one of the most popular stories from our speaking engagements as it seems everyone's interested in learning how to race a Ferrari. (People also want copies of Black's track map and over the years we've created handouts, posters, and even mugs, with the image.)

Of course, Black's more than happy to talk about cars and racing. She was the first woman to race the road course at Indianapolis Motor Speedway – and is probably the first person to use a track map to explain how "life is like a racetrack."

[...]

How Do YOU Plan?
RED & BLACK: Black's Backward Planning

We're thrilled this message resonated with high school seniors, even though we're pretty certain they'd plan the same way Red planned – by looking forward at the days, months, and (maybe) years ahead. Black, of course, looks at things differently. Very differently. Decide for yourself which method works best.

[...]

People Always Seem Interested When Black Says, “Ferrari”
RED & BLACK: Assets, Liabilities & Ferraris?

Whenever Black starts a sentence, "When I was racing Ferraris" it always gets the interest of students. But it doesn't stop there. Not only do grown men seem to become young boys in an instant, it also seems to get the interest of girls and women of all ages. So, we weren't surprised that a student decided to make a video about assets and liabilities since it mentions Black's Ferraris. But as much as you may dream of a Ferrari, there's something that's infinitely more valuable …