Surviving, then thriving, in the oil and gas industry during the downturn of the 1980s, although some might say it was retiring from the corporate world before I was 40.

    Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

    At the risk of sounding warm and fuzzy, I can't imagine any greater achievement in life than raising children to be caring individuals and responsible citizens. More specifically, since I have two daughters, I want to make sure they're better prepared for life than I was.

    Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

    That's easier said than done, and as you can see from our daily Banter Bites, my natural tendency is to freak out and overreact. And, I'll beat Black to the punch by admitting, "Yes, I'm finally using my Theater degree." But I often find that by either talking to Black (where she "forces" me to look at the situation pragmatically) or trying to guess what she'd say about a situation, it may not change my feelings of worry or being overwhelmed, but it does help me focus on what's within my control. And then I can, at least, try doing something about that.

    Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

    I think what she is trying to say is that we may not always be able to control things, but we can always control how we react.

    That's easy! My two beautiful daughters.

    Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

    That I recognize I have so much to be thankful for …

    I do not look to others; my inspiration is self-generated.

    Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

    My daughters, as they make me want to do better and be better.