So, how are you planning to pick your favorite Banter Bites from all the ones we posted in July?

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Do not need a plan. Will just pick a few and move on …

Although this month was filled with many serious issues, you can always find a better approach to them … if you try. Which made it a little more challenging to pick my favorites:

Curious about Red's favorites this month?

Forget about being in the dark, it's like going back to the Dark Ages.

BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: In the midst of the unprecedented winter storm that hit Texas last week, it's coming to light (pun intended) that power outages leaving millions in the dark could have been much worse as the power grid had come dangerously close (as in minutes) to crashing.

Last week, when Red first heard that the Texas power grid had come very close to total collapse, she thought it might have been yet another guest making a dramatic claim, as what he described seemed more like a scene from a Hollywood movie than a nightly news show. Meanwhile, as Black read about the situation, she could only imagine the assorted lawsuits that would be filed – both legitimate and "creative".

But now that official investigations into the situation have begun, the reports are even scarier than a Hollywood blockbuster – millions went without electricity, heat, and water – not to mention thousands who went without medicine and food – all while enduring frigid temperatures. And, people, including children, died.

As the investigations continue, it's becoming more obvious what happened … and what happened is unforgivable. Especially as much of it was avoidable. We get no comfort in knowing it could have been even worse. But at this point, what would be even worse would be not to do everything possible to prevent this from ever happening again.

Looking back over the month of January, I'm having a hard time picking my favorite Banter Bites.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

You were a straight-A student, maybe you should just grade them.

It might have been a new year and, for many of us, a new beginning. But no matter how much I intend to look forward, I'm still the person who likes to look back at things that make me smile, whether it's memories that date back to when I was growing up or things that may have only happened in the last few years.

Curious about Black's favorites this month?

So, how are you planning to pick your favorite Banter Bites from all the ones we posted in January?

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Do not need a plan. Will just pick a few and move on …

January – always the start of a New Year, usually looked at as an opportunity for "new and improved" … but this year got off to an ominous start with the Capitol being overrun by rioters. Based on feedback from followers, mid-way through the month we expanded our daily Banter Bites to include Banter Bite Backstories, which we hope you will enjoy.

Curious about Red's favorites this month?