|So, how are you planning to pick your favorite Banter Bites from all the ones we posted in July?|
Do not need a plan. Will just pick a few and move on …
Although this month was filled with many serious issues, you can always find a better approach to them … if you try. Which made it a little more challenging to pick my favorites:
- July 6: Kindergarten Art Or High Fashion? – Sometimes you cannot take things at face value … like Melania's meaningful dress.
- July 10: Be Safe, Be Smart, & Make A Statement – Even masks can "make a statement" … if you let them.
- July 22: The Beauty of Animation – A different perspective on what once were routine activities.
- July 30: It's A Hearing. But Is Anyone Listening? – Do not get me on my soap box regarding Big Tech. Or, maybe you should.
Curious about Red's favorites this month?
Forget about being in the dark, it's like going back to the Dark Ages.
BANTER BITE BACKSTORY: In the midst of the unprecedented winter storm that hit Texas last week, it's coming to light (pun intended) that power outages leaving millions in the dark could have been much worse as the power grid had come dangerously close (as in minutes) to crashing.
Last week, when Red first heard that the Texas power grid had come very close to total collapse, she thought it might have been yet another guest making a dramatic claim, as what he described seemed more like a scene from a Hollywood movie than a nightly news show. Meanwhile, as Black read about the situation, she could only imagine the assorted lawsuits that would be filed – both legitimate and "creative".
But now that official investigations into the situation have begun, the reports are even scarier than a Hollywood blockbuster – millions went without electricity, heat, and water – not to mention thousands who went without medicine and food – all while enduring frigid temperatures. And, people, including children, died.
As the investigations continue, it's becoming more obvious what happened … and what happened is unforgivable. Especially as much of it was avoidable. We get no comfort in knowing it could have been even worse. But at this point, what would be even worse would be not to do everything possible to prevent this from ever happening again.
|Looking back over the month of January, I'm having a hard time picking my favorite Banter Bites.|
|You were a straight-A student, maybe you should just grade them.|
It might have been a new year and, for many of us, a new beginning. But no matter how much I intend to look forward, I'm still the person who likes to look back at things that make me smile, whether it's memories that date back to when I was growing up or things that may have only happened in the last few years.
- January 11: 60 Minutes Well Spent – I started watching "60 Minutes" with my dad when I was a teenager and more decades than I care to admit later, I still find myself tuning in on Sunday evenings.
- January 23: Oops. I Ate A Dog Treat!– What could be better? Memories of Vermont and Ben & Jerry's combined with my love of dogs!
- January 30: Cookies, Brownies, & Thanks – Who doesn't love cookies? And thanks to a gift from Black, who loves doesn't love triangular brownies? But most of all, who doesn't love being appreciated.
Curious about Black's favorites this month?
|So, how are you planning to pick your favorite Banter Bites from all the ones we posted in January?|
|Do not need a plan. Will just pick a few and move on …|
January – always the start of a New Year, usually looked at as an opportunity for "new and improved" … but this year got off to an ominous start with the Capitol being overrun by rioters. Based on feedback from followers, mid-way through the month we expanded our daily Banter Bites to include Banter Bite Backstories, which we hope you will enjoy.
- January 21: This Is Something You Want To Catch – It was an unforgettable Inauguration Day; with two short phrases I will never forget.
- January 26: Be American – Buy American – President Biden may have signed the "Made In America" Executive Order today, but we already had a story to tell …
- January 28: You've Just Done Something Millions Can't – Please read this post… operative word being "read".
Curious about Red's favorites this month?