I do not look to others; my inspiration is self-generated.

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

My daughters, as they make me want to do better and be better.

Red's Head Red assets.rebelmouse.io

Of course! Since I do all the cooking, I always get to have my favorites – cranberry sauce and corn bread stuffing! But a few years ago, I realized there wasn't any reason to wait for Thanksgiving to enjoy my favorites. So now I make a turkey dinner, but with way fewer side dishes, several times a year.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

My favorite Thanksgiving dish is sweet potatoes, but since I prefer them baked, I do not need a special occasion to make them in the microwave. However, this year I am home alone for Thanksgiving, so will skip the sweet potatoes and bring in sushi. Now, I am trying to figure out how to make it my new Thanksgiving tradition.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Luckily, you can still "see a smile" even behind a mask! So when I run errands I can still do what I've always done. But what I miss is giving a hug to people at Red & Black business meetings. Sending a "pretend" hug during a Zoom meeting just isn't the same.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

Well, it should come as no surprise that I am not a hugger. So, I greet people by admitting, in a joking manner, that I have never been a hugger but now have an excuse.

That's easier said than done, and as you can see from our daily Banter Bites, my natural tendency is to freak out and overreact. And, I'll beat Black to the punch by admitting, "Yes, I'm finally using my Theater degree." But I often find that by either talking to Black (where she "forces" me to look at the situation pragmatically) or trying to guess what she'd say about a situation, it may not change my feelings of worry or being overwhelmed, but it does help me focus on what's within my control. And then I can, at least, try doing something about that.

Black's Head Black assets.rebelmouse.io

I think what she is trying to say is that we may not always be able to control things, but we can always control how we react.